The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Jake Hastie signed a 3 year deal this week, option of a 4th 

Deal is complete as far as I know it ?

Presume he’ll get loaned back to Motherwell next season.

Nowhere near ready for Rangers 

2 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Jake Hastie signed a 3 year deal this week, option of a 4th 

Deal is complete as far as I know it ?

... you threw Adam Lewis (?) of Liverpool (left fullback) into the fray over at FF. Was that something you actually heard or what you wanted?

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

Presume he’ll get loaned back to Motherwell next season.

Nowhere near ready for Rangers 

I've not seen enough of him but I paid closer attention to him during our recent match (in light of recent speculation) and he reminded me of Middleton.

50 minutes ago, johnnyk said:

He's been told he'll be lucky to get any more game time at Motherwell and was snubbed at the awards last night by virtually everyone there.

Utterly pathetic. Another club trying to manufacture a rivalry with us to in order to trump up a sense of self importance. 

Motherwell are not, never have been, and never will be a competitor of ours. Their competition is with Accies etc in the bottom 6. They simply make themselves look silly and petty if they bear grudges against the boy for trying to take his career to the next level.

As for the Hastie he appears to have a close knit family to support him at this crucial point. He's going to be on a lot more money than he was at Motherwell and with a far higher profile. That can go to the heads of some boys leading them astray.

He appears to have a family who will impress on him that this is still one of the first steps on your journey not the end of it. You need to work really hard if you're ever going to become a regular starter in a team of this stature. 

8 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Motherwell are not, never have been, and never will be a competitor of ours. Their competition is with Accies etc in the bottom 6. They simply make themselves look silly and petty if they bear grudges against the boy for trying to take his career to the next level.

As for the Hastie he appears to have a close knit family to support him at this crucial point. He's going to be on a lot more money than he was at Motherwell and with a far higher profile. That can go to the heads of some boys leading them astray.

He appears to have a family who will impress on him that this is still one of the first steps on your journey not the end of it. You need to work really hard if you're ever going to become a regular starter in a team of this stature. 

I think I said a while ago that when Robinson came to Motherwell he told Jake to go on loan right away as he didn't think he was good enough. He told him to get fitter and lose weight, which I'm sure was a motivator for him but they didn't really keep tabs on him while he was out on loan.

His dad said there was no contact from Motherwell before he came back from Alloa in January and the only time they got in touch was after he went on his good run scoring goals and when other teams were interested. He said if Jake was offered a decent contract when on loan or even when he first came back he probably would've signed but said Motherwell hedged their bets and it's backfired on them, and now they're not happy!

He is a very grounded young guy with a great family who deserve all they get, I hope it works out for him but even his dad said it's now that we'll find out if he's good enough to play at this level but I know he will work as hard as he can and give it his best shot.

Hastie's physique gives him as a 20 year old, a head start and the potential for a larger sell-on value (logic: good big yin is worth more than a good wee yin) in for example, England.

Getting lads like this is the way to go and now it's about improving everything about his game and more.

I have high hopes for this lad. Not because of any particular insight, just something in my water !

18 hours ago, johnnyk said:

18 hours ago, johnnyk said:

But they also told me Gerrard told them it's now up to Jake to prove himself in training that deserves a chance but they all rate him very highly, more so than Middleton.

Johnnyk, not doubting your recollection of the conversation but I am surprised that SG would make a comparison with one of our current players.