The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

8 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

SG didn't make the comparison and sorry if I worded it like he did.

It did however come from someone else at the club he spoke with and this was what he told me and I did ask him about it as I rate Middleton.

On 18/04/2019 at 21:19, Gonzo79 said:

Looks like we'll remain in competition with Aberdeen next season.  

Shinnie, Souttar and Hastie aren't the level required to obtain our 55th title.  The yahoos will strengthen.  We need to too.

Their not although I think Jones will do well, however better quality will arrive in the summer.

22 hours ago, DMAA said:

Utterly pathetic. Another club trying to manufacture a rivalry with us to in order to trump up a sense of self importance. 

Decided to go to the wrong club has he? 6 weeks ago he was the greatest thing since sliced bread, thanks for the memories.

Edited by scotjo

23 hours ago, johnnyk said:

I met Jake Hastie's parents today and I'm sure they will be OK for me to say a few things they told me.

Firstly they told me Jake had signed before it was on the news (also told me keep quiet until it was out in the news but that didn't last long), they also told me a few stories about when they met with Gerrard and Allen etc last week.

They were assured by them that Jake will be in the first team squad and won't be loaned out or put back to the academy team as they had their own reservations about getting game time and how it would affect Jake's progress and seen no point in signing if he wasn't going to be in the first team squad. But they also told me Gerrard told them it's now up to Jake to prove himself in training that deserves a chance but they all rate him very highly, more so than Middleton.

Aberdeen guaranteed him first team football but changed their deal at the last minute but he didn't fancy it anyway. The tims again went about trying to get the deal done on the cheap and they were not impressed at all and was never really a goer. He also had offers from England and abroad but like before they want to stay in Scotland for now anyway.

He's been told he'll be lucky to get any more game time at Motherwell and was snubbed at the awards last night by virtually everyone there.

I'm so pleased for the young man and his family and hope he takes his chance and does very well for us....

Was always going to be the case otherwise why go for him.

14 hours ago, johnnyk said:

SG didn't make the comparison and sorry if I worded it like he did.

It did however come from someone else at the club he spoke with and this was what he told me and I did ask him about it as I rate Middleton.

Makes sense that he is rated higher than Middleton, otherwise why sign him !?

Hastie plays on a different wing from Middleton who prefers to stay on the left side whilst Hastie is more of an inverted attacker on the right. 

He will provide more competition for Candeias which is a good thing. 

I'd expect us to add three players of distinct quality. Probably more if Tav and Morelos leave. 

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

Hastie plays on a different wing from Middleton who prefers to stay on the left side whilst Hastie is more of an inverted attacker on the right. 

He will provide more competition for Candeias which is a good thing. 

I'd expect us to add three players of distinct quality. Probably more if Tav and Morelos leave. 

Agreed. I hope and expect Middleton to have a big future with us. 

The express says “Rangers kept Motherwell out the loop as they made behind-the-scenes moves for Hastie.” Did Rangers do anything out of the ordinary? Sounds time like they are casting us in a bad light for signing a player on a bosman the same way everyone does. 

@johnnyk it sounded to me like we did it the right way

Edited by DMAA

10 minutes ago, DMAA said:

The express says “Rangers kept Motherwell out the loop as they made behind-the-scenes moves for Hastie.” Did Rangers do anything out of the ordinary? Sounds time like they are casting us in a bad light for signing a player on a bosman the same way everyone does. 

@johnnyk it sounded to me like we did it the right way

Rangers did everything by the book and contacted Motherwell first and I was told at no time did Rangers pull out of the deal, it was all paper talk and obviously Jake's agent was talking to other clubs as well.

I was told by Jake's dad the only club that kept Motherwell out the loop was Celtic and they also did this when they tried to sign him when he was 16 and that was a big reason he didn't go to them.