The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

20 minutes ago, johnnyk said:

I was told by Jake's dad the only club that kept Motherwell out the loop was Celtic

I'll be waiting with bated breath to see that in print...

If thats true then he's a got a Nacho Novo-esque story to start his career.   However he seems to be pretty level-headed and made a good call in reigning in his agent it would seem, so I doubt anything would be made of it.

On 21/04/2019 at 22:39, DMAA said:

Utterly pathetic. Another club trying to manufacture a rivalry with us to in order to trump up a sense of self importance. 

Last year I spoke to a guy who was quite angry with David Bates after he agreed to go to Hamburg.

Not exactly a unique attitude in football.

16 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Hastie`s been updated.

Some murmurs that Marseille look at Morelos ... and Derby want Souttar and will rival Rangers for Hearts` "5m-rated defender". ?

Said a while ago that we might be interested but the fee will be too rich for us, or at least won't represent value.

I doubt he'll go 5M but I reckon they'll get in the region of 2.75 plus add-ons from an English Championship team.

Sun says that the deal with Stewart is in an advanced stage and that the gaffer is trying to get Woodburn from Liverpool`s u23s for next season (he scored two goals in the 4-4 friendly draw earlier this week), not least if Kent doesn't come back. Methinks the very same was uttered on here and over on FF soon after the game.

I actually wonder why none of the usual suspects in the press jumped on our link to Souttar and now Stewart before "important matches" against their respective teams. "Disrupting preparations, unsettling players ..." and all that.

13 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

I hope we steer well clear of Souttar. Wasn’t at all impressed with him against us last week

You don't sign a player, for playing well against you, without watching him play against other teams.

In the same way you don't rule one out just for the way he played against you.