The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Let's for a moment presume the Lowe rumour is correct.

SG wants a tight squad that suggests two left backs.

Barasic 

Flanagan (also a RB)

Halliday (decent stop-gap)

If Tav were to move on (which I hope more than anyone he doesn't) then Flanagan moves over and competes with Polster and possibly McCrorie. 

ie. there may well be a gap to fill.

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

Not sure if there's any truth in the Lowe rumour but he's always impressed me this season so would definitely be a useful and cheap option.

Seems as if there is a determined effort/need to squeeze as much value as possible with what has been called low hanging fruit.

Cheap is great if the players can do a job #Kamara

Lowe has a bit of quality and would I think be a prudent signing.

It may even help force Barasic onto a better game.

It also affords more space to move into when looking to make a profit on player trading (obviously not Lowe if it were to be a loan).

7 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Wouldn’t believe everything you read in the papers 

Aye, we all know, but I always enjoy the ridiculous, spurious links to players?

If it was true the writing would be on the wall for Halliday, but if that's an ITK comment from Stevie then it isn't true which doesn't surprise me.

Saw this headline this morning...........

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard told to keep ONE player for Celtic title race next season

At first I thought the Sultan of Brunei had bought the club while I was sleeping. Then I read .....

"That’s according to former Rangers midfielder Lee McCulloch."

Clearly, the leaks really have been repaired at Ibrox.

As of now, we have Matt Polster as right-back in waiting, bought by SG for a purpose ... even when we had Tav, Barisic, Flanagan and Halliday. I do assume that Baraisic and Halliday willbe kept for the left flank, with Flanagan and Polster working the other side. Yep, I do assume that Tav might well be off ... at least I am prepared that it may happen.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

As of now, we have Matt Polster as right-back in waiting, bought by SG for a purpose ... even when we had Tav, Barisic, Flanagan and Halliday. I do assume that Baraisic and Halliday willbe kept for the left flank, with Flanagan and Polster working the other side. Yep, I do assume that Tav might well be off ... at least I am prepared that it may happen.

Not so sure the first team is tbh.

Talk of bringing quality in is fine but when you have functioning consistent and creative quality already here, going into a season that I think is make or break regards stopping 10IAR, you have to pull out all the stops to keep him and nothing but real top dollar should be entertained.