The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

I know its early in the silly season, and the window isnt even open yet but I have been entirely underwhelmed with the names being linked, and indeed signings made as I dont see any of them being first team players or any better squad players than we already have. Jones, Hastie, Stewart (seems to be happening but hope it hits a snag), are not going to win us the title. Same for guys like this latest Liverpool kid who cant set up or score goals despite looking good in the tricks department, no thanks.

I trust the management team to get us to where we need to be by the time we play our absolutely vital Euro qualifiers in about 7 weeks time, I just wish all these guys we keep getting linked with would get the juices flowing a bit better.

I see in this thread we are linked with Andre Gray. Another inconsistent sort who would make Morelos look like Messi. Gray, on top form, is a good striker. However he rarely hits top form, seems to be often injured, and is reportedly on a wage that has completely spoiled his hunger and desire. I desperately hope we dont waste a huge chunk of our wage budget on an imposter of this scale. I really dont want us even looking in the over-rated, over-priced English market. We can get much better value in other markets with good contacts and scouting, which has improved at the club enormously in the last year or so.

3 hours ago, Crimson Dynamo said:

I haven't seen much of Gray but he looked different class when he scored that hat trick against us for Burnley in a preseason friendly.

Friendlies mean nothing.

8 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Mind on my 4lads pod I said we would make a marquee signing 

??

Are you allowed to say, or is it a Gray area?

in all seriousness, I don’t understand how that one could possibly happen. Buzzing to see what happens but I expect a couple of quiet weeks before we start to see players signing. 

10 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Are you allowed to say, or is it a Gray area?

in all seriousness, I don’t understand how that one could possibly happen. Buzzing to see what happens but I expect a couple of quiet weeks before we start to see players signing. 

Said all along that I think Gray is a stretch, but happy we are shopping in that area 

I still believe that the marquee signing will happen but only my thoughts 

Ojo is done or as close to it & I think Edmundson will come also 

An older CB will follow 

8 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

We need a marquee signing. It would put down marker to the yahoos who will go backwards with TLB in charge

I have no inside info or knowledge but I believe in SG, I expect a couple of marquee signings and I also expect better next season, I expect to win the league next season.

Just now, ian1964 said:

I have no inside info or knowledge but I believe in SG, I expect a couple of marquee signings and I also expect better next season, I expect to win the league next season.

I believe SG’s job just got a lot easier today following their appointment of Lennon. 

I’m genuinely surprised.

I really did expect them to go for a big name. I was dreading them getting someone like Rafa Benitez