The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

While the story is more than likely nonsense, it is important our club allows positive high priced stories to make their way into publication. However nonsensical to believe, clubs to follow what is being said in the papers, and the numbers being quoted around Morelos in the high teens approaching £20M are helpful to us to ensure we get a very high price for our asset.

The tims have been masters at this for years, and also they give out false info about what they have sold their players for in the hope that the next club that comes along for one of their players knows the sort of numbers they will accept. See the Ki sale to Cardiff/Swansea (cant remember which) The tims told the Scottish media they sold him for £5M, and this was the figure commonly published, although the official price, as always, undisclosed. 2 days later the Welsh club bought another player and announced it was for a club record £4.5M, thus proving the £5M price was grossly overrated.

For too long we have allowed negative stories to come out which give much lower values for our players than we could/should have got, and subsequently when proper bids come in they are lower as a result. 

We all know there is no way on earth Ashley will buy any players from us, far less for a proper price, but as long as the story has a big price in it, it doesnt do us any harm.

Oh noooo ... you see Stevie posting and then it is no real signing update, but only telling us that the Magpies haven't made a 20m bid just yet. The despair ...

BTW, any news on the links further up the thread, Bahoken?

Noted on FF that they had some Everton News stuff saying that Leighton Baines has been freed and is looking to sign for us.

Hm, I know that Jon Snow knows nothing, but who knows?

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Oh noooo ... you see Stevie posting and then it is no real signing update, but only telling us that the Magpies haven't made a 20m bid just yet. The despair ...

BTW, any news on the links further up the thread, Bahoken?

Noted on FF that they had some Everton News stuff saying that Leighton Baines has been freed and is looking to sign for us.

Hm, I know that Jon Snow knows nothing, but who knows?

The Newcastle story is they are interested IF the takeover goes through, currently that is in doubt with folk questioning if they have money 

So whole lot to go through before we even get to bid stage or if it’s true 

Club have told press no contact so is it a nothing story? You decide

On Baines, we have been ‘told’ there is an ‘interest’ but no idea how true contract talks are etc but trying to find out 

So If I do find out anything then I’ll post up 

One of my favourite left backs of the modern era. Never understood how he never got a move to a title challenging side. That said, it’s a no from me. 

55 minutes ago, DMAA said:

One of my favourite left backs of the modern era. Never understood how he never got a move to a title challenging side. That said, it’s a no from me. 

Manchester United wanted him a good few years ago but didn’t make an offer Everton couldn’t refuse. 

No.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

When I was playing Fantasy League, he was one of my favourite fullbacks. Always good for a goal and an assist, sometimes even a clean sheet.

As some have said, probably not one for those in the Premiership who eat skillfull players for lunch ... i.e. those same guys who give the Legoeater a wide birth if they spot him on the field.