The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

23 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

While the story is more than likely nonsense, it is important our club allows positive high priced stories to make their way into publication. However nonsensical to believe, clubs to follow what is being said in the papers, and the numbers being quoted around Morelos in the high teens approaching £20M are helpful to us to ensure we get a very high price for our asset.

The tims have been masters at this for years, .....

I don't think the Daily Bullshit printing batshit headlines will produce a queue of clubs who suddenly think you have to pay XXM for the player in question.

That said, Lawwell and colleagues definitely conducted a fairly comprehensive PR campaign that always talked up various aspects of the club, whether it be potential fees or something to do with the mantra that 'Celtic are a CL Team' (stop laughing at the back).

Whether I've not being paying so much attention, I don't know but that campaign of sorts seems to have been less intense for the past few months or so.

However, it would be churlish not to recognise that the main reason they've made money on player trading is because they've brought through decent players and continue to do so. They have established a reputation of sorts (at least with Southampton) and last night's CL Final had two of those deals either playing or on the bench.

What will increase the value of our players is their game, the level that they are playing at in the bigger games and especially if they are a major part of the club doing well in Europe, especially CL group stage (we were operating at provincial level from 2012 until Gerrard arrived).

• As a club we need to improve players instead of having them go backwards (over many years, this IMO has been our biggest single problem)
  • We need to keep to a minimum signings with no sell-on value #veterans
  • We need to improve recruitment
  • We need to provide a pathway if investment in RYD is to pay off
  • Don't employ Martin Bain

In short, we need to be a better run club and it doesn't happen overnight.

Edited by buster.

Big Dave will be sitting in his cellar at home counting the transfer money from that big brown bang he's always carting about with him let's hope its a handsome some to give to the manager 

57 minutes ago, buster. said:

• As a club we need to improve players instead of having them go backwards (over many years, this IMO has been our biggest single problem)
  • We need to keep to a minimum, signings with no sell-on value #veterans
  • We need to improve recruitment
  • We need to provide a pathway if investment in RYD is to pay off
  • Don't employ Martin Bain

In short, we need to be a better run club and it doesn't happen overnight.

This 100%

I can't remember us bringing a player in and then improving him.  My memory isn't great so perhaps there are examples, but not nearly enough.

in the past season however, in my opinion the coaching team has clearly made an improvement to:

Morelos

Goldson

Katic

Halliday

Tav

McCrorie

Jack

Kent

If we can identify more high potential signings like Tav, Goldson, Kent and Morelos, we now have the management team to develop that potential before we sell them on for big profits.

30 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

This 100%

I can't remember us bringing a player in and then improving him.  My memory isn't great so perhaps there are examples, but not nearly enough.

in the past season however, in my opinion the coaching team has clearly made an improvement to:

Morelos

Goldson

Katic

Halliday

Tav

McCrorie

Jack

Kent

If we can identify more high potential signings like Tav, Goldson, Kent and Morelos, we now have the management team to develop that potential before we sell them on for big profits.

Another significant step forwards in SG&Co's first year is that we left behind the 'provincial status'.

In other words,..European group stages and finishing significantly ahead of 3rd place.

We need to keep improving.

Edited by buster.

We were good at developing keepers. Goram went from a good keeper at Hibs to one of the best on the planet while at Rangers. Klos was excellent when he arrived and remained excellent throughout his time with us. Antti Neimi couldn't break into our side but proved himself to be a very high quality keeper when he left. McGregor first time round was superb and is still very good even in the twilight of his career. Big Wes is a better keeper today than when he joined us. Liam Kelly's form with Livingston suggests our keeper development remains strong, hopefully the 'other' McCrorie will continue that run. Our inability to produce a forward player of any note since Robert Fleck is a source of some embarrassment though. 

12 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

If the fee is similar to Huttons many moons ago then take it. This is why Polster was drafted in IMO. We also have Flanagan who could at RB. 

9M for Tavernier?

Nonsense.

giphy.gif