The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Aston Villa has just won the "£180 Million" game.

Any negotiation with it over players has to be seen in that light. 

Still don't think that means they will spend money wrecklessly. They have to be sensible as they are probably part of a group of 4/5 teams for the drop.

Tav costs us £200,000? If we could get £10 million it would be a great return. If we sell Tave and Alfie for a combined £25 million (approx.), that would give us funds for a striker, creative midfielder and maybe another CB and would leave us with money in the bank. That's good business IMO.

I've said it before but Defoe signed an 18 month contract for a reason and we drafted in Polster (dynamic right sided player who can play RB or midfield) to cover the possibility of our 2 most sellable assets leaving the club.

For me, tav and morelos should be in the 15-20 M bracket if English teams are coming in for them, we constantly undersell ourselves, these teams have a transfer budget we could only dream of, make them pay the going rate, Tav is English as well, do they not have a quota for a certain number of homegrown players being in their squad

They have long contracts and we do not exactly need to sell. In a way, a win-win situation for us. We shall see what happens.

BTW, the upcoming EGM is about turning loans into shares, but will it also allow more shares to be issued and thus generate more income?

45 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Still don't think that means they will spend money wrecklessly. They have to be sensible as they are probably part of a group of 4/5 teams for the drop.

Tav costs us £200,000? If we could get £10 million it would be a great return. If we sell Tave and Alfie for a combined £25 million (approx.), that would give us funds for a striker, creative midfielder and maybe another CB and would leave us with money in the bank. That's good business IMO.

I've said it before but Defoe signed an 18 month contract for a reason and we drafted in Polster (dynamic right sided player who can play RB or midfield) to cover the possibility of our 2 most sellable assets leaving the club.

Villa is/will be buying in a sellers' market. 

No Return to the Days of Martin Bain!

Bids for Tavernier are inevitable surely. What a season. I think 8 digit bids are very unlikely for a 27/28 year old right back playing in Scotland though. I’d love to be proved wrong on that one but the big money seems to be reserved for young players with big potential.