The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

43 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Why do arseholes do that?

Happens on an almost daily occurrence on twitter mate. Probably jungle Jims with nothing better to do with their time. Sad bassas 

1 hour ago, craig said:

Flanagan may be a RB and may defend better than Tav - but we will lose a lot of our attacking threat if we lose Tav - completely different players.

Polster - completely unproven

Maybe so. It was SG who signed him though.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Maybe so. It was SG who signed him though.

Doesn’t matter if Pep signed him.  He’s still unproven.

not sure why you’re questioning it when it’s clearly true.

Re. Tav and transfer value.

Look at it from another angle.

How much is winning the title worth ?

or

How much will not winning the title cost ?

I think he is the player whose on-field value to us, is way ahead of any other and given circumstances, we desperately need to try and keep a hold of him.

If he himself wants to go, then it casts a different light upon things and for the right fee, he goes. We need players who want to be here, a squad all pulling in the same direction.

Edited by buster.

30 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

SG's signing record has been decent but there have been flops.

It's been fair rather than decent IMO

It seems decent compared to what we've been used to.

Three transfer windows were always likely to be needed for SG&Co to put a competitive squad together. Once it's sorted, it'll be up to him to get the best out of it.

I think Tavernier would have had 20-30% more assists this season if we’d played 4-3-2-1 all season. The space and opportunity to get forward he had was amazing. Imo that formation simply wouldn’t work without a Tavernier style player there like Flanagan. Although I think as a club we need to be cashing in on players to build for the future our chances of winning the title would take a huge blow if he leaves. 

Edited by DMAA

1 hour ago, JohnMc said:

You've chosen an odd hill to die on dB. Comparing Polster to Gazza or Laudrup is just bizarre. Polster has played 3 seasons with struggling MLS side and has one US cap, a friendly against Bosnia. Gascoigne was one of the most high profile players in the world when he joined Rangers, a first choice internationalist who's played and starred in top flight football in England and Italy. Laudrup was also joining from Serie A, having previously starred in the Bundesliga, he was also a first choice international and had played in the winning European Champions team. Weir was an experienced player who'd worked with Smith successfully and was seen as a short term stop gap. Polster, on the other hand, is the very definition of 'unproven'. He might turn into a Kamara or a Goldson or he might be a Grezda or an Ojaria. He's unproven, so we'll just have to see. 

Nono ... craig likes the odd bout on a debate for debate`s sake level. With the above I did not questioning that Gazza et al were "unproven footballers", but "unproven at Rangers" ... as we know that big names have come and the demands of Ibrox were not to their liking.

As for the rest, as I noted, SG signed him and if he thinks Polster is "proven enough", that is good enough for me (sic!). SG will have seen him in the US of A and in training too ... which is a wee bit more than anyone of us.

Edited by der Berliner