The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

The DR`s source is Teamtalk there. Interesting who is doing the work for a professional publication these days.

The bidding for Tav seems to gather pace, I harbour my doubts that Kamara go anyone anytime soon though.

9 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Nono ... you refer to your idea of unproven ... or perhaps "unproven at Rangers". So too were Laudrup, Gazza, Weir and hundreds of others. I doubt that SG would have signed him if he was unproven to him. That's more important to me ... and that was written between the lines ... obviously.

Ok then, I’ll bite.

where has Polster proven himself to SG ?  Aside from uS college football ?

SG signed Ejaria too, that turned out well.

just because they are SG signings doesn’t mean he can’t get them wrong.

Polster is unproven - and no amount of “but SG signed him” proves otherwise.

31 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Nono ... craig likes the odd bout on a debate for debate`s sake level. With the above I did not questioning that Gazza et al were "unproven footballers", but "unproven at Rangers" ... as we know that big names have come and the demands of Ibrox were not to their liking.

As for the rest, as I noted, SG signed him and if he thinks Polster is "proven enough", that is good enough for me (sic!). SG will have seen him in the US of A and in training too ... which is a wee bit more than anyone of us.

Eh ?  “Craig likes debate for debates sake” ???

Take your time, go back and read and you’ll find it was YOU who questioned my remark that’s Polster is unproven.  That’s YOU making debate for debates sake.

At least try to get it right.

Its ok to admit you’re wrong sometimes dB.

Kamara, Tavernier and Morelos.  All going for a combined 30 mill (possibly).

Who would take it ?

Tough one for me - we need funds but, at the same time, those 3 could very well be the spine of our team to win the league next season.

of the 3 the one I’d be most willing to let go would be Morelos.  I think he would be easier to replace than the other 2.

Tav offers so much going forward and would be very difficult to replace.

Kamara is such a cultured player I could see him as a mainstay.  He’s also young so there’s plenty of room for improvement which also means increased value.

18 minutes ago, craig said:

Kamara, Tavernier and Morelos.  All going for a combined 30 mill (possibly).

Who would take it ?

Tough one for me - we need funds but, at the same time, those 3 could very well be the spine of our team to win the league next season.

of the 3 the one I’d be most willing to let go would be Morelos.  I think he would be easier to replace than the other 2.

Tav offers so much going forward and would be very difficult to replace.

Kamara is such a cultured player I could see him as a mainstay.  He’s also young so there’s plenty of room for improvement which also means increased value.

Aye, I would rather keep all 3 unless we received huge offers & we could replace them all with better, which I doubt we could, agreed out of the 3 Morelos would be easier to replace, I don't like saying that as the guy has scored 30 goals, strange!

45 minutes ago, craig said:

Ok then, I’ll bite.

where has Polster proven himself to SG ?  Aside from uS college football ?

SG signed Ejaria too, that turned out well.

just because they are SG signings doesn’t mean he can’t get them wrong.

Polster is unproven - and no amount of “but SG signed him” proves otherwise.

Would SG have signed him if he was unproven to him?

Ejaria did quite a good job in Europe and then the league ... but if you had thrown in Sadiq, you`d have a point. By the time Polster was signed, SG had learned about Sadiq-like signings though.

As for the debate ... I simply said that SG signed him. You replied that your remark is "clearly true". That's just your opinion against SG's first hand experience with the guy. No more am I saying, perhaps between the lines at first.