The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

52 minutes ago, buster. said:

Logic suggests he'll want to develop his game and career further, in a better league....and from a business POV, that Liverpool will share that view, either via another loan or a large transfer fee. 

If we get him back on loan, excellent.

But I don't see him as being pivotal to our chances and wouldn't be thinking of allocating a large percentage of our scarce resources towards a fee.

He wouldn't be in the group of players I see as pivotal to our chances next season (McGregor, Tav, Goldson & Arfield), a list that needs added to with a couple of bits of productive quality via recruitment (creative midfielder and centre forward).

He had a very good season but it's often difficult to repeat it, given the type of player Kent is.

they also run the risk of him going elsewhere and having another bad loan move.  So they would need to sell him now if they could.  Whereas if he comes back here and has another great season then it all goes towards boosting his value and reputation further.  Hope he does come back because he clearly benefited from his spell here.

35 minutes ago, Craigy1881 said:

they also run the risk of him going elsewhere and having another bad loan move.  So they would need to sell him now if they could.  Whereas if he comes back here and has another great season then it all goes towards boosting his value and reputation further.  Hope he does come back because he clearly benefited from his spell here.

They may also look at the fact that two of their best players spent a good few seasons in Scotland before progressing their careers.

9 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Just back from being paid to work at Eric Clapton`s concert over here ... and skipping the debate debate for the time being ... a few snippets from FF

Just received a text to say that Kent will be at Ibrox 100% next season.

CELTIC and Rangers are among the front-runners to sign Daniel Sturridge following his Liverpool exit. .. according to the bookies.

Strong rumours tonight that Solanke is heading north on loan

... plus:

Preston, Hull, Rovers, Wigan, QPR and Millwall are all linked with Bauer, as are Hibs and Rangers, have all been credited with interest in Patrick Bauer

Kent won’t be decided formally until he returns to Liverpool

The text most likely relates to fake news site on twitter 

Everyone from the clubs to agent have told press no decisions have been made, so unless people at clubs are lying but secretly telling others it’s done then I suspect the text is utter made up shite

27 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

so unless people at clubs are lying but secretly telling others it’s done then I suspect the text is utter made up shite

It's very frustrating when people post stuff like that in such a certain way without saying whether their source could actually possibly have that knowledge. I don't believe it for a minute. Liverpool have every reason in the world to bide their time and see if there is interest in a transfer. Their intention is to sell off as many players in this category as possible this summer rather than loaning again. 

I saw Sturridge had been released by Liverpool and woendered if Gerrard, who must know him fairly well, might be interested.  He was a superb player but his injury record is a worry and Klopp all but questioned his commitment a season or so ago in public. I suspect he's still capable of commanding a hefty salary from someone too. 

I thought Wallace was  home bird and wouldn't leave Scotland? Maybe he thinks he's signing for Queens Park...

2 hours ago, craig said:

Reading and comprehension clearly not strong traits of yours.

Maybe we all cool down a wee bit and don`t get any more close and personal.

Topical-wise ... latest stuff thrown about is:

Charlton fan from our London office saying Gerrard has met with Aribo? He says he’s a player.

Lot of talk about that Motherwell guy Turnbull ... wonder whether that is only a rumour that has grown arms, legs, and by now a tail too ...

Sturridge is a class striker, when fit.  The fitness issue and his wage demands will see him go elsewhere.

I'm still concerned about bringing in more creative players, specifically a No.10.

Edited by Gonzo79

44 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

I thought Wallace was  home bird and wouldn't leave Scotland? Maybe he thinks he's signing for Queens Park...

Probably looked at who wants him here and done a runner and quite right IMO

3 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Maybe we all cool down a wee bit and don`t get any more close and personal.

Topical-wise ... latest stuff thrown about is:

Charlton fan from our London office saying Gerrard has met with Aribo? He says he’s a player.

Lot of talk about that Motherwell guy Turnbull ... wonder whether that is only a rumour that has grown arms, legs, and by now a tail too ...

Saw Aribo in the play off final and he was a handful all game.

wouldnt be disappointed with him !

Turnbull is a no go - Motherwell want “fat in excess of our record transfer fee of £1.8 million”.

Won’t  happen.