The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Something is seriously wrong if a transfer thread is being taken over by female-babble ...

Thus!

Snatched from FF

Boyd on what Gers can expext from Jones and Stewart

He told the Sunday Post: "Jordan is a very good player. He operates down the left-hand side but is right-footed, so when he cuts inside, the whole goal opens up 

"But he is equally as comfortable going down the outside. Being able to do both in such good measure makes him a nightmare for defenders.

"He has the ability and mentality to cope with playing for Rangers, I've no doubt about that.

"What he does need to improve on, however, is his goals return.

"He knows that himself, and he should be looking to get into double figures at Ibrox as there will be plenty of goalscoring opportunities for him.

"In Jordan, they will have someone who puts supporters on the edge of their seats."

And Boyd insists the case is the same with Stewart, who will arrive on a free transfer following his release from Birmingham.

Boyd added: "The same applies to Greg Stewart. He is 29 now and at the stage where the next three years should be the best of his career.

"I have to say I'm excited about Greg going to Rangers. He was brilliant at Kilmarnock because Steve Clarke gave him the freedom to roam around the front area, just off the striker - that's why he excelled

"It remains to be seen where he will play for Rangers, but I have a feeling he will fit very nicely into that number 10 role.

"He could turn out to be the missing piece of the jigsaw for Rangers. Greg has it in his locker to be one of the signings of the season.

"He is a Rangers supporter and will feel privileged at getting the opportunity. Again, like Jordan, he has the mentality to cope with playing for Rangers, he knows what the club is all about and the level of expectation.

"To get Jordan and Greg for no transfer outlay is great business."

Kris does talk some rubbish every now and then, but as he knows boths players close and personal, I hope he is right.

Edited by der Berliner