The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Eduardo Herrera set for Rangers exit as he reports for pre-season with Necaxa

The striker was signed by Pedro Caixinha in 2017 but has spent the best part of a year on-loan in Mexico.

Necaxa shared a video online of the squad arriving for their first day of training following an end-of-season break and Herrera can be seen among them.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/eduardo-herreras-rangers-exit-imminent-16488680

... understandable but still  only conjecture on the DR`s part.

25 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Word on FF that Kent wants to go out on loan again, only to us, and doesn`t fancy any permanent switch. Any deal for Kent would not stop a Ojo loan.

I saw that but it's another rumour out of thin air, almost certainly rubbish. I don't think Kent will be back.

3 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Theres no way liverpool will let him go on loan if they're being offered cold hard cash.  Cant see them turning down 10 million so he can come to us.

2nd in the EPL ... hefty price money. Long run in the CL and winning it. attendance  income, advert stuff ... I don`t think Liverpool is in dire need of 10m et al for Kent.

E.g. ...

CL 2018/19

Winner of 2018-19 champions league can earn between €65m to €75m from “Fixed Amount” pot. Plus Market pool money which can easily elevate total earnings of winners from England, Spain, Germay or Italy around €100 million (prize money + market pool)

https://www.totalsportek.com/money/uefa-champions-league-prize-money/

EPL

We’ve broken down each club’s earnings for the 2018-19 campaign, not including revenue from European and cup games, ranking them in order of how much they accrued over the season.

1. Liverpool

Actual league position: 2nd
Matches televised: 29
TV income: £33.5million
Prize money: £36.1million
Equal share: £79.4million
Total: £149million

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/club-by-club-a-breakdown-of-the-2018-19-premier-league-prize-money/

18 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

2nd in the EPL ... hefty price money. Long run in the CL and winning it. attendance  income, advert stuff ... I don`t think Liverpool is in dire need of 10m et al for Kent.

E.g. ...

CL 2018/19

Winner of 2018-19 champions league can earn between €65m to €75m from “Fixed Amount” pot. Plus Market pool money which can easily elevate total earnings of winners from England, Spain, Germay or Italy around €100 million (prize money + market pool)

https://www.totalsportek.com/money/uefa-champions-league-prize-money/

EPL

We’ve broken down each club’s earnings for the 2018-19 campaign, not including revenue from European and cup games, ranking them in order of how much they accrued over the season.

1. Liverpool

Actual league position: 2nd
Matches televised: 29
TV income: £33.5million
Prize money: £36.1million
Equal share: £79.4million
Total: £149million

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/club-by-club-a-breakdown-of-the-2018-19-premier-league-prize-money/

If the stories regarding the wages structure are true. 10 million would come in handy for Liverpool to pay wages.

Liverpool Echo claimed that Liverpool were planning on raising as much as possible from selling rather than loaning out a bunch of their young players this summer. They had 16 out on loan last season and they reckon they can make a huge amount of money from selling apparently. This was why they cast doubt on the Kent to Rangers rumour a couple of weeks ago.

Clubs like Liverpool don't become rich / maintain finances by selling 'cheap' just because they're not in dire need of the cash... At the end of the day, they're a business and a successful business will not let assets go on the cheap unless it makes business sense to do so.

Edited by lenny3k

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

That's rather pointless a statement, IMHO. People have been in raptures about Tav this season, as he scored sooooooo many penalties (and two more goals) and has a fair amount of assists. Last season he played in AFAIK every mauling we received from the Scum and was miserable on nigh each occasion bar the 2-3 defeat at Ibrox. This season he played the pass that killed any chance of the title and possible CL millions. Likewise, this season Tav (and Kamara) had better defenders / midfielders who played better as a unit than e.g. Alves or Barton had. Obviously, what do we actually know about their wages?

IMHO, Alves was the best defender we had about, did well enough at first with Cardoso, despite an ailing midfield and fullbacks who bombed forward and left the CDs exposed more often than not. The team generally played way below standard, no matter what they were paid. Many factors worked against us last season, quite a few of those were eradicated this season. And with the latter I don`t mean selling Alves, Kranjcar and Barton.

It wasn't an objective choice of names, granted.... but I'd say there aren't too many marquee signings that have went well in recent years.

Principally because, we can't afford real marquee signings and the names we get tend to come complete with particular issues that again tend to mean we don't get value for money.

Better to go for players who don't come with the issues.

3 hours ago, DMAA said:

Goldson was an example of a "marquee" signing of sorts. He cost real money and and we all expected that we were getting a top player who we thought would be out of our range.

This is the kind of "marquee" signing I want to see again. The squad filler signings are fine but we need to improve the starting 11. Re-signing Kent doesn't get me excited because I want to see us start the season with a stronger starting 11, not the same starting 11 with a different bench which is arguably where we are so far.

Kent is a year older and more experienced so he should be stronger than last season.

I read another opinion which concluded that Liverpool may be thinking that if they loan Kent out for another year his value could even double. As has been pointed out they don’t need instant money so can afford to be patient.