The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Rangers set to re-sign Liverpool's Ryan Kent despite Aston Villa and Leeds United interest - reports

The latest transfer news from Anfield with Steven Gerrard expected to win the race for Reds youngster.

By
Aidan McCartneySports Wire Content Editor
  • 19:42, 10 JUN 2019

Liverpool attacker Ryan Kent could be set to re-join Steven Gerrard on loan at Rangers for the 2019/20 season, according to the latest reports.

Kent enjoyed an impressive loan spell with the Gers last term and Gerrard is keen to bring the PFA Scotland young player of the year back to Ibrox for another campaign.

MailOnline now report that Rangers are set to sign the 22-year-old on loan despite interest from Premier League new-boys Aston Villa and Championship side Leeds United.

Liverpool would prefer to send the youngster back out on loan – but will listen to any permanent bids with Kent valued at £12million.

Gerrard revealed last month he had made a new loan offer for Kent, who scored six goals and provided nine assists in 42 appearances in all competitions in Scotland.

“We're doing everything we can,” Gerrard said.

“But there's nothing to say on it or to confirm it. For our supporters, what I can do is guarantee that I'm doing everything I can to get him in for another season.”

“We've spoken to Liverpool , we're in touch with Ryan's representatives and we've made an offer.

The Scottish side have also been in touch with Liverpool about taking winger Sheyi Ojo for the season, according to the Mail.

The 21-year-old winger is highly-rated at Anfield and could sign a new deal before heading out on loan.

He has previously spent spells at Wigan Athletic, Wolves and Fulham before a stint with with Stade Reims in France last season.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rangers-set-re-sign-liverpools-16409916

Peterborough United have had a bid accepted by Oldham Athletic for Rangers target George Edmundson, Football Insider can reveal.

The English League One club have been Rangers’ closest rivals for the defender’s signature and a source close to the situation has told Football Insider they have agreed a price of £600,000 plus add-ons following talks.

Edmundson, 21, handed in transfer request at Oldham last month after they rejected two bids, worth up to £500,000 plus add-ons, from Rangers for his services.

The player has made it clear he wants to sign for the Glasgow giants and this has given the club hope they can see off interest in him from teams south of the border.

However, the Posh bid threatens to scupper Rangers’ hopes of signing a player who is one of their key summer targets in what represents a major blow.

Manager Steven Gerrard is in the market for two new centre-backs this window after the end of Joe Worrall’s loan from Nottingham Forest and Gareth McAuley’s contract expiration later this month.

Edmundson is in demand after an impressive season for Oldham that ended with him scooping the club’s Player of the Year award and being named in the EFL League Two Team of the Year.

Rangers remain interested in signing Edmundson, although the pressure is on them to match or exceed Peterborough’s offer.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-rangers-blow-as-english-club-have-player-bid-accepted-after-multiple-ibrox-offers/

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

I read another opinion which concluded that Liverpool may be thinking that if they loan Kent out for another year his value could even double. As has been pointed out they don’t need instant money so can afford to be patient.

I hear Lustig is back on the Valium.

Bruce Archer

Online Sports News Editor, Daily Express

cea8cb8b345797bedc668f14ceac18db_x96.jpe

·
1m

Liverpool have agreed to send Sheyi Ojo to Rangers on loan. Expected to join the squad on Monday for pre season #RangersFC
Edited by BEARGER

If we get Ono and Kent I'll be delighted.  That's more exciting talent to watch next season.  We now need two centre backs and we are set for 55.  Anything more than this is a bonus in my opinion.  Of course we then have to replace anyone we sell too.  I just hope we can hold on to Kamara and Tav because I now see them as two of our 4 most key players in the team.  Isn't it great to see us get our business done relatively quickly again, because we need to hit the Europa ground running again this year.

I'd still want a 'marquee' #10. 

Alongside a couple of CBs, a LB, and a forward -- doesn't have to be a marquee striker, with Morelos and Defoe around, but just another option up front would be good; that would change if we lose Morelos. 

perhaps Stevie could shed some light on Magennis, seen his name flying around this morning, is there any substance to this, although I think he may offer more than Lafferty in terms of work rate etc, its a really underwhelming signing if there is any truth in it.