The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I'd still want a 'marquee' #10. 

Yes, I really thought we'd get one. A Ronald de Boer type player who can play both CAM and CM. Assuming we are playing the 4-3-2-1 it is far more important than a winger. I suspect Gerrard doesn't want to freeze out Murphy and Stewart before they've had a chance make the position their own. Arfield has cemented his place and it's a matter of who plays beside him. Ojo will be a strong contender too despite it not being his natural position.

I still wonder if we will be asking 7/8 out of 10 players to unlock a stubborn Aberdeen defence when a few million might have got us the 9 out of 10 player we need to win the league.

I suspect its just my lack of knowledge in these matters but I always took the line that you could only judge the worth of any signing at the end of their first season. So I'm wondering how it is so many others seem to have the skill to assess prospective signings before they've even kicked a ball. How do you do it?

Edited by Bill

Regarding Magennis, the DR has asked their sources and say there is nothing in it. Whether that gives you the creeps or not is up to you though ?

I have to say that I have seen more of Magennis than Stewart, mainly because I watch the occassional Northern Ireland game. He does okay for them and was usually a thorn in our sides when playing against us for Killie or Aberdeen.

Should, as expected, Morelos moves on, we'd be down to Defoe and Stewart, Lafferty and the annually forgotten man that goes by the name of Hardie. I would assume that Lafferty moves on and Hardie, well, I don`t know.

Edited by der Berliner

4 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I'd still want a 'marquee' #10. 

Alongside a couple of CBs, a LB, and a forward -- doesn't have to be a marquee striker, with Morelos and Defoe around, but just another option up front would be good; that would change if we lose Morelos. 

We signed Stewart as a forward though didn't we?  I'd expect he'll replace Lafferty and is a much better option.  I suspect after that it will be a case of replacing Morelos if he leaves.

As for the marquee signing, I obviously want that too, but I don't think we will need it.  In the past two weeks, I've picked up my hired car from bay 55, been given a new locker number at my gym (55), and seem to see this number continually in other every day interactions.  These are signs that cannot be ignored!!!

8 hours ago, Dave M609 said:

perhaps Stevie could shed some light on Magennis, seen his name flying around this morning, is there any substance to this, although I think he may offer more than Lafferty in terms of work rate etc, its a really underwhelming signing if there is any truth in it.

Stevie is

image.png.c2cdac2fcbcfa01468846ccdaab2be81.png

30 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Read my blog, all the answers are in it ?

... and before people go link-hunting ...

Pre-season is almost upon us as things begin to take shape on and off the park at Rangers

https://fourladshadadream.blog/2019/06/11/pre-season-is-almost-upon-us-as-things-begin-to-take-shape-on-and-off-the-park-at-rangers/

So ...

Youth - IN

Lewis McKinnon - Northern Irish centre half

Ross McAusland - Northern Irish winger

Umaro Balde - from Sporting Lisbon

Kane Ritchie-Hosler - a winger from Man City

No news on Downing, Baines, Kalas, Brophy, Naismith, Olsson, and Magennis ... with the tendency of none being a real link.

6 hours ago, Gaffer said:

We signed Stewart as a forward though didn't we?

Stewart is an attacking midfielder, he won’t be playing in the striker’s position.