The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Stewart's best position is just off another striker, i.e. to a certain extent, the #10 a lot of fans have been looking for.

I don't expect him to feature too much (especially if we get Kent and Ojo) but, when we're up against packed defences and when the wider players aren't effective, then that's when 'd expect Stewart to play as he's very good on the ball in tight situations and will create from slightly deeper areas. 

Ergo, if we look back to some games against Aberdeen where, too often, we were forced out wide and put in aimless crosses for McKenna and Devlin to deal with, that's when Stewart (and perhaps to a lesser extent Hastie) will be expected to offer something different.

11 hours ago, DMAA said:

Stewart is an attacking midfielder, he won’t be playing in the striker’s position. 

18 hours ago, Gaffer said:

We signed Stewart as a forward though didn't we?  I'd expect he'll replace Lafferty and is a much better option.  I suspect after that it will be a case of replacing Morelos if he leaves.

As for the marquee signing, I obviously want that too, but I don't think we will need it.  In the past two weeks, I've picked up my hired car from bay 55, been given a new locker number at my gym (55), and seem to see this number continually in other every day interactions.  These are signs that cannot be ignored!!!

He could play forward, but I assume he's lined up for a slightly deeper role. I don't see him as an attacking midfielder, though. He's more a second-striker, if anything. He slots nicely into one of the two positions behind our striker. 

He's not actually signed yet. 

29 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

There are a couple of headlines stating Hastie will be loaned out next season -- alongside Middleton. 

I can't remember who knew his family but they said he signed with the assumption he was a first team player.

38 minutes ago, pete said:

I can't remember who knew his family but they said he signed with the assumption he was a first team player.

Yeh that was @johnnyk. A few guys on FF saying the same thing. 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I don't see him as an attacking midfielder, though.

He slots nicely into one of the two positions behind our striker. 

Would you not call that position attacking midfield? It’s between the centre mids and striker. 

His signing hasnt been confirmed but it’s done and dusted by all accounts, I think Rangers just want to build some excitement and momentum with announcements when it gets to that stage. 

Edited by DMAA

5 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Would you not call that position attacking midfield? It’s between the centre mids and striker. 

His signing hasnt been confirmed but it’s done and dusted by all accounts, I think Rangers just want to build some excitement and momentum with announcements when it gets to that stage. 

I see it more as inside forward-type position, more like Liverpool's front three. You wouldn't call Salah and Mane wingers, per se, or attacking midfielders, and they're not out-and-out strikers either. 

53 minutes ago, pete said:

Would have thought it better to decide on who stays and who goes on loan after pre-season training.

8 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I see it more as inside forward-type position, more like Liverpool's front three. You wouldn't call Salah and Mane wingers, per se, or attacking midfielders, and they're not out-and-out strikers either. 

If we end up with anything remotely like Liverpool's front three, there will be many happy people on the Sou 'Side.

20 hours ago, Gaffer said:

We signed Stewart as a forward though didn't we?  I'd expect he'll replace Lafferty and is a much better option.  I suspect after that it will be a case of replacing Morelos if he leaves.

As for the marquee signing, I obviously want that too, but I don't think we will need it.  In the past two weeks, I've picked up my hired car from bay 55, been given a new locker number at my gym (55), and seem to see this number continually in other every day interactions.  These are signs that cannot be ignored!!!

I have had 55 people calling me a wanker this week. :D

Don't make it 56 now!!!?