The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I see it more as inside forward-type position, more like Liverpool's front three. You wouldn't call Salah and Mane wingers, per se, or attacking midfielders, and they're not out-and-out strikers either. 

Fair enough, I suppose it's a terminology thing. My terminology is based on Champ Man 97/98.

Back in the 70's there were no summer transfer window threads or transfer windows for that matter.

Before I became old enough to do a paper round I had to walk down to John Menzies in Princess Street (Edinburgh) each summer morning to go through all the newspapers and see what was happening. An age that saw me so engrossed in the fitbaw, I hardly noticed the top shelf.

The Sunday Mail was the required paper at the weekend as it always managed to have some kind of exclusive that actually was an exclusive.....and back in the day, it didn't register as too important that they seldom came to much.

A paper round was my natural pathway to early comprehensive information and a degree of financial independence.

I even managed to secure a spot within the distribution of the first edition of the Sunday Mail and Post round the pubs of a Saturday night when the tips made it worthwhile. That after doing the same with The Pink at about 5.30 on the Saturday night.

An addiction of sorts to fitbaw gossip that was in the main bullshit.

The mediums may have altered somewhat but the addiction is still there, only it's worse because I now fully comprehend that most of it is bullshit :D