The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

40 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

As the resident Kent fanboy (I think I may have been the only one on the forum)

Haha, you are much more reasonable than the fanboys on FF trust me.

Edited by DMAA

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

An interesting read. However I'm skeptical of the idea that Aribo is a no 10. I think he is most similar to Ryan Jack in terms of what he aims to do for the team and I don't think he would be played in the Arfield/Kent position in the 4-3-2-1.

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

An interesting read. However I'm skeptical of the idea that Aribo is a no 10. I think he is most similar to Ryan Jack in terms of what he aims to do for the team and I don't think he would be played in the Arfield/Kent position in the 4-3-2-1.

I think he's more offensive than Jack, but I agree; I see his place as one of the wide central midfield positions (i.e. Jack or Kamara).

5 hours ago, DMAA said:

McPake was too old for the Alkass tournament but played all over Europe with the youths last season and will be well known to these big clubs. We need to keep hold of him, he's the long term answer to our no 10 problem in my opinion and won't cost us anything.

I still can't believe we're trying to sign Kent with the number of attacking midfielders already on the books. Liverpool apparently looking for a hefty loan fee compared to last season too. Another season of me moaning about his lack of goals and assists and another season of all the fanboys saying "the goals and assists will come" and then decrying the usage of stats and americanisation of the game when they don't ? 

Liverpool apparently don’t charge loan fees. Instead they add certain clauses and penalties. 

BdP8D3nW_x96.jpg

·
7m

Exclusive: Rangers have won the race to sign Oldham's George Edmundson. Deal (finally) expected to be completed this week. Bid around £650,000 accepted. Medical to follow. Should go in time to join Steven Gerrard's side for pre-season trip to Portugal. More

BdP8D3nW_x96.jpg

·
35m

For Rangers fans following - would come as no surprise if George Edmundson excels up there. 100% committed, strong, decent in the air & mature for his age with big experience already. While two others put bids in, plenty more were interested. Would imagine he'll develop quickly.

I believe Edmundson was the prime CB target. So this is good news in the sense that we don't need to turn to a secondary target who must have been judged to be inferior or would have been prime target.