The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Good luck to the new defender. However the jump from the 4th league of English football to the pressure of playing for Rangers is absolutely huge, and I can only expect he is here as cover for Katic, and we are looking for another CH as our first choice cover with Edmundson as 4th choice CH.

Worrell was totally out of his depth with us (just my opinion, I know some bears liked him) and he came from the English Championship, two leagues above where this guy has been playing. I will admit that worries me greatly.

We can only presume that people who recognise a player when they see one have been scrutinizing Edmundson for months. They must think he’s worth the outlay.

In the past we've had the likes of Oleg Salenko and Joey Barton come in, with high expectations and been disappointed.  Then we've signed the likes of Kamara and Morelos, with far lower expectations and been delighted.

As Bill said earlier, wait until they play for Rangers before passing judgement.

Edited by Gonzo79

2 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Welcome to the Gers George!!

Incidently, that new strip is honking. Far too shiney ie. Looks as cheap AF

Pics don't do the new top justice. One of the best we've had in years in my opinion.

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

We can only presume that people who recognise a player when they see one have been scrutinizing Edmundson for months. They must think he’s worth the outlay.

Although I’m worried by signing a player from this level, I am putting faith in our people who have been scouting, analysing and looking in great detail into our targets these days, and I believe they have got more right than wrong. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

In the past we've had the likes of Oleg Salenko and Joey Barton come in, with high expectations and been disappointed.  Then we've signed the likes of Kamara and Morelos, with far lower expectations and been delighted.

As Bill said earlier, wait until they play for Rangers before passing judgement.

Kamara and Morelos are young players out to make their mark in the game. That’s the difference.

Im impressed with the depth of squad and fair play to the board for backing Gerrard. I think a lot will have been learned from last year, we were impressive but hit a brick wall at a stage in the season which could have been due to the amount of games and how early we started. But with the size of the squad now we should hit the ground running. Its good to finally think that Id take Rangers squad over Celtics again - been a good few years since we could think that. Id probably only take Tierney from their team at the moment.

Edmundson is an interesting one. It gives us the option of playing 3 centre halves. Katic and Goldson were always the best duo for me last season, the one thing I didnt agree with SG was Worrall playing.

50 minutes ago, Gribz said:

Im impressed with the depth of squad and fair play to the board for backing Gerrard. I think a lot will have been learned from last year, we were impressive but hit a brick wall at a stage in the season which could have been due to the amount of games and how early we started. But with the size of the squad now we should hit the ground running. Its good to finally think that Id take Rangers squad over Celtics again - been a good few years since we could think that. Id probably only take Tierney from their team at the moment.

Edmundson is an interesting one. It gives us the option of playing 3 centre halves. Katic and Goldson were always the best duo for me last season, the one thing I didnt agree with SG was Worrall playing.

Very difficult to say much about Edmundson at this stage. 

For me, I'm glad that he's our player and not on loan, like Worrall.

IMO we are still behind them in terms of squad depth/quality and still have work to do this transfer window.