The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

I agree with the decision to let go Rossiter, Holt, and Dorrans.

I thought Grezda would maybe get another season to show what he can do once he's settled in a bit more. Perhaps there's something behind the scenes?

I would keep Lafferty around too. Okay--he may not play much, if at all, but I think he's willing to stick around and play a small role; quite rare, I think. Unless, we can replace him with another option? 

7 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I thought Grezda would maybe get another season to show what he can do once he's settled in a bit more. Perhaps there's something behind the scenes?

I would keep Lafferty around too. Okay--he may not play much, if at all, but I think he's willing to stick around and play a small role; quite rare, I think. Unless, we can replace him with another option? 

Agreed.   We know there is something there with Lafferty and (I think) Grezda, but the manager doesn't have faith in them so there is no point in them continuing when we could bring in other players who the manager would plan to play.

Rossiter only has a year left so if we're looking to deal now it's purely to see if we can recover some of our losses on him in the way of a fee (very doubtful imo). Because he would benefit from another loan at a higher level. He's played 6 months regular football now and if he got another season of regular football (at League 1 level at least) under his belt and performed well I'd still consider a one year extension because he's only 22.

Skeptical on the Dorrans report, sounds like guesswork. Reports were he was keeping very fit ahead of pre-season. He is 32 and injury prone so I suspect there will be no offers and he will stay.  

Edited by DMAA

Quick - re-post of Stevie_4lads remarks over on FF

Snatched from FF ...

I stuck this up on my twitter earlier but few rumours to mull over (rumours key word) -

Jason Holt - 3 offers in from down south, Rangers think they can get around £250,000

Jordan Rossiter - Was supposed to make trip today but hasn’t & story goes there is huge interest & we are ready to off load

Herrera - Will be staying in Mexico & Rangers discussing deal with club to see if agreement to take over contract at no cost of ours

Glenn Middleton- leaves this week on loan, another not on trip

Dorrans / Grezda - not on trip to Portugal, has been told no future - interest in Grezda on loan

Kyle Lafferty - multiple offers but all likely just to get rid, wasn’t on trip to Portugal

Zak Rudden - foot injury not on trip to Portugal

Ryan Hardie - No future at the club & not on trip either apparently (?)

Joe Dodoo - loan offers in including from old club Blackpool, we’d rather he went permanently another not on trip

Ross McCrorie & Jake Hastie have NOT been told they are available for loan - yet or if they will unknown

No strong interest in Barisic or Morelos YET - Villa are hovering around Tav

So looks like deadwood will start to be shown door & few other wee bits

Now, this isn’t breaking news etc - just a discussion point on a few things (to be clear not itk news etc just a bunch of rumours to discuss on thread)

+ + + 

... Whether it is true that we actively wanting to sell Rossiter is anyone's guess. It was said a wee while ago that due the amount of games he played on loan (more than the previous two years combined), he was given more time off. Given that we have CMs galore right now, either that or selling him might be options.

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I was agreeing with you until you mentioned Lafferty.  I have never wanted him back and I'll be very happy when he goes.  He's not good enough and lacks the attitude and skill we require.  Taxi!!!

23 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I was agreeing with you until you mentioned Lafferty.  I have never wanted him back and I'll be very happy when he goes.  He's not good enough and lacks the attitude and skill we require.  Taxi!!!

I understood at the time why we took Lafferty back but surely he should be one of the first people we offload this summer. 

Attitude is massively important and it rubs off on your teammates in training and for that reason - if not the others - it should be the door for Lafferty for me.