The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Recent links to Roofe & Simon Deli CB are true, especially Deli as a CB 

A lot hinges on Morelos departure however 

Those that read my blog last week would have seen what I said, still a LOT of action to happen in our window yet 

10-12 out 

2-3 in 

Deli is absolutely outstanding, better than what we have - that would be a massive signing 

So we will see ? 

We need to keep a hold of our better youth prospects, improve them quickly and as they get older, provide the proverbial pathway.

At the same time, we need to stop signing so many players like Murphy or Dorrans. 

Dorrans and Murphy have been really unlucky with injuries, I don't think you can blame them or those who sanctioned their signings for that. I'm disappointed Dorrans is being moved on, I thought his cameo appearance at Villareal gave us a glimpse of what we were missing. It could be that he's simply not ever going to get back to the level of fitness we require though. Murphy was very effective before his injury, he's an intelligent player, not a flashy one, but I hope he regains his fitness and stays with us. 

Dorrans is a decent player and without the injury problems is a similar standard to Arfield, so we've been unlucky there.

I don't see it with Murphy.

I still think we're lacking a creative player.

2 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Dorrans and Murphy have been really unlucky with injuries, I don't think you can blame them or those who sanctioned their signings for that. I'm disappointed Dorrans is being moved on, I thought his cameo appearance at Villareal gave us a glimpse of what we were missing. It could be that he's simply not ever going to get back to the level of fitness we require though. Murphy was very effective before his injury, he's an intelligent player, not a flashy one, but I hope he regains his fitness and stays with us. 

History tells us that this type of signing always brings with it a relatively high chance of serious injury.

My point being you shouldn't go for too many similar of profile.

Even the younger player brought in (Rossitor) could have been put into the high risk category as it was well known he had suffered a lot of injury problems.

What will happen if you do this is the situation we've refused to learn from for many years #PayOffCentral

It would seem as if the football operation is trying to change things at last but the need to stop 10IAR may end up delaying the implementation of change.

7 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Can’t say I’ve heard of Deli.

I'd say that's true for most of us! I doubt many of us watch Slavia Prague with any regularity. 

I think I do recall seeing him in the Europa League last season, but I don't know. Slavia Prague reached the QF, where they lost to Chelsea.

A quick search shows: Ivorian, 27 years-old, 6'4, CB, who has played in the Czech Republic for most of his career. It doesn't say on Wikipedia, but I believe he's won 2 or 3 League titles with Slavia Prague.