The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'd say that's true for most of us! I doubt many of us watch Slavia Prague with any regularity. 

I do recall seeing him in the Europa League last season. Slavia Prague reached the QF, where they lost to Chelsea.

A quick search shows: Ivorian, 27 years-old, 6'4, CB, who has played in the Czech Republic for most of his career. It doesn't say on Wikipedia, but I believe he's won 2 or 3 League titles with Slavia Prague.   

Last couple of seasons has seen him play a total of 2422 minutes of League football (or approx. an average of 13 league matches a campaign).

In the two years prior to that, he played over 2000 league minutes each season.

Question being......why the significant reduction ?

12 minutes ago, buster. said:

Last couple of seasons has seen him play a total of 2422 minutes of League football (or approx. an average of 13 league matches a campaign).

According to Transfermarkt he’s just had loads of injuries. 

21 minutes ago, buster. said:

16/17: 2,734 mins (31 games)

17/18: 1,397 mins (18 games)

18/19: 2,796 mins (36 games) 

2017/18 he had injury problems. Nothing serious, I think, but small niggles and illness.

8 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

16/17: 2,734 mins (31 games)

17/18: 1,397 mins (18 games)

18/19: 2,796 mins (36 games) 

2017/18 he had injury problems. Nothing serious, I think, but small niggles and illness.

I always go with League minutes only as it tends to be where priorities ly.

I don't know anything about the player and was just asking the question, rather than casting any judgement.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

History tells us that this type of signing always brings with it a relatively high chance of serious injury.

My point being you shouldn't go for too many similar of profile.

Even the younger player brought in (Rossitor) could have been put into the high risk category as it was well known he had suffered a lot of injury problems.

What will happen if you do this is the situation we've refused to learn from for many years #PayOffCentral

It would seem as if the football operation is trying to change things at last but the need to stop 10IAR may end up delaying the implementation of change.

I'm not sure what you mean by this type of signing. What in Murphy's history makes you think he had a high chance of injury? He's had no record serious injury during his career and was 28 when he joined us so hardly at the end of his career. I'm not even sure it's a fair criticism of Dorrans, he's played consistently over 20 games a season at Championship or EPL level for most of his career and was 29 when he joined us.

A squad needs balance, we need experienced pros at, or close to, their peak to balance the younger promising players surely? I'd have thought Dorrans and Murphy both fall neatly into the former with the added bonus of them being local boys who'll take no time to adjust to the environment both on and off the field. 

TM on Simon Deli ... one year left of his contract:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/simon-deli/profil/spieler/234124

TM on Kemar Roofe ... one year left of his contract:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kemar-roofe/profil/spieler/141350

Thing with Roofe, he plays at Championship level in England with one year left. Has he got a certain clause in his contract or something, as the English may demand what they want, won`t they?

IIRC, Stevie_4lads told us that Dorrans was told that his chances wil be rather limited, same with Rossiter and McCrorie I think. Murphy may be wanted, but I doubt we`d be willing to sell or he willing to go.

Edited by der Berliner

10 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Recent links to Roofe & Simon Deli CB are true, especially Deli as a CB 

A lot hinges on Morelos departure however 

Those that read my blog last week would have seen what I said, still a LOT of action to happen in our window yet 

10-12 out 

2-3 in 

Deli is absolutely outstanding, better than what we have - that would be a massive signing 

So we will see ? 

Stevie

I like the look of the two of them, always liked Roofe, don't know much about Deli, looks a good from youtube (I know)

Are the 2-3 that are coming in dependant on people leaving or European football, are they loans or permanent transfers. I am surprised I thought we would have a few million to spend, but the only outlay is the development fee for Aribo. Are we just biding our time

31 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

Stevie

I like the look of the two of them, always liked Roofe, don't know much about Deli, looks a good from youtube (I know)

Are the 2-3 that are coming in dependant on people leaving or European football, are they loans or permanent transfers. I am surprised I thought we would have a few million to spend, but the only outlay is the development fee for Aribo. Are we just biding our time

Edmundson cost £600,000 

For deals like this it hinges on Morelos going for big money 

Deli at £2m not so much 

Roofe at £5m definitely 

36 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Edmundson cost £600,000 

For deals like this it hinges on Morelos going for big money 

Deli at £2m not so much 

Roofe at £5m definitely 

So he did, im forgetting about Edmundson.