The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

16 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Strangely, I think CB is the one area where we DON'T require a marquee signing.  Katic and Goldson are good defenders and Edmundson seems promising.

I agree, while I want to see more of Edmundson than 45 mins against a very poor side before I can be too comfortable with him being a big part of our side THIS season, we also have young Mayo who impressed (again with the caveat of a bounce game being all I have seen him in, and not much defending to be done).

I would still really love a creative attacking centre midfield player, I think that is the one player we really need to break down 10 man defences which we play an awful lot in our league. Not sure any of the players we currently have can do this consistently.

Hull & Coventry linked with loan moves for Glenn Middleton

Stephen Kelly Ayr United, Mathew Shiels Dunfermline, both negotiating loans  

Josh McPake has signed his new Rangers contract with the club

No information on the CB we are believed to be close to signing

Latest news 

I know England have brought their transfer window deadline forward to the eve of the league programme starting, does anyone know if we have done the same in Scotland or do we stay at the European deadline of 31 August?

Also, does the earlier deadline (Aug 9 if memory serves me) apply to the lower divisions in England as well or just the Prem?

58 minutes ago, craig said:

If it's being guarded THAT closely one would have to think that it could be the "marquee" signing that we've been told we would get.  Wishful thinking probably.

Managing to keep it so quiet makes me think it'll be a player from outwith the UK :merlin:

30 minutes ago, buster. said:

Managing to keep it so quiet makes me think it'll be a player from outwith the UK :merlin:

If it was Soutter, Hearts would already have released their obligatory statement deriding the offer as miserly!