The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

A large amount of money to spend on another centre half. 

With the squad approaching 35 players, we need to move folk on as a priority given we arguably still need another striker. 

8 minutes ago, buster. said:

Rumours starting to circulate that it's this lad........

filip-helander-300-300.jpeg

https://uk.soccerway.com/players/filip-helander/204947/

I'd love this to be true because I've seen him play a few times and he's a top quality defender.  He's excellent on the ground and in the air, and must only be in his mid twenties.  However, having seen how talented he is, I can't believe we'd be in a position to afford him.  I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see him being in our price range.  Bologna do need to raise funds for a midfielder so perhaps this is an opportunist move by Mark Allen.

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'll be stunned if that's the case.  5 million is well below how highly I'd value him so if it turns out to be true, this is a steal.  If we do sign him and it's for anywhere close to that value, I'll be convinced that Allen has acquired some blackmail material.

46 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He only played 3 of the last 14 games, spending most of that time on the bench. 

That suggests there's been an issue with him and the management because it can't be about his abilities.  Oh well, their loss is our gain if it happens.  This is a coup if we get this one across the line.

After watching Ojo yesterday I've been buzzing, and the good news keeps coming.

2 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

That suggests there's been an issue with him and the management because it can't be about his abilities.  Oh well, their loss is our gain if it happens.  This is a coup if we get this one across the line.

After watching Ojo yesterday I've been buzzing, and the good news keeps coming.

Some of the Swedish publications I was trying to read all hint at a problem with the club. It sounds like they want to move him on. It happens over there. The translation was poor so I couldn't get much more than that.