The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

I just hope he's a lot better than the last Swedish central defender we signed!

Assuming this one can actually head a ball, I wonder if this signals Edmundson or Katic going on loan for a spell?

12 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

If correct, does this signal that Rangers expect one (or more) of the current players to leave for a sizeable fee.

In the short-term, I'd say not necessarily but if rumours about this deal are accurate then we'll almost certainly need significant incoming transfer cash to be able to spend on a quality centre forward. The logical and simple asumption would then be... Morelos OUT for significant money, new forward IN for significant money....and probably another forward IN but for a much smaller fee, perhaps a loan.

Medium-term we'd need to be cutting cloth to pay for what would be more front loading unless we were to make real money in Europe for both of the next two seasons.

Edited by buster.

36 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Bjorklund; Svensson;

third time lucky?

Don't forget one of our nine in a row legends and captain Richard Gough.  He was superb and in many ways this boy is like him.  He's big and strong, excellent in the air and athletic.

Just now, Gaffer said:

Don't forget one of our nine in a row legends and captain Richard Gough.  He was superb and in many ways this boy is like him.  He's big and strong, excellent in the air and athletic.

I hope that you are right, mon ami. 

And Gough was born in  Sweden, wasn't he? It all starts to fit in. 

I never rated Joachim Bjorklund; and Svensson? Well let me say just that I am sorry for reminding people of him....

Filip Helander has 'agreed' personal terms with Rangers as his move to Ibrox inches closer.

Steven Gerrard revealed last night the Light Blues were on the verge of a new signing, who later turned out to be Bologna defender Helander.

And Goal are now reporting that he has agreed terms, but a transfer fee between the clubs is still to be confirmed.

The same report suggests it will be in the region of £3.6million.

Helander has plenty of experience as he played for Verona for a year, before moving to Bologna in Serie A.

Gerrard is keen on bringing in defensive reinforcements as they look to stop Celtic's dominance in the league.

The 6 foot 4 centre-half has received 10 caps for the Swedes and will likely partner Connor Goldson in the heart of Rangers defence.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/filip-helander-to-rangers-latest-16564908