The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

It wouldn’t have mattered if O’Halloran had the gifts of Messi, he clearly didn’t want to be at Rangers and it showed every time he played for us.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Determination to succeed comes as much from mental desire as footballing ability. 

I may be old fashioned but I don't want Celtc fans playing for Rangers.

Hastie out then ? :ninja:

We're still being linked with midfielders. 

Rangers have once again been linked to Liverpool youngster Herbie Kane as talk over a move for the 20-year-old midfielder gains traction.

Steven Gerrard is said to be a fan of the player and perhaps sees the creative midfielder as a backup option to midfielder Joe Aribo.

The latest account claiming that Rangers are interested Kane is the 4thOfficial, who are adamant the club are trying to “get a loan deal through”.

The 4th Official claim comes after Football Insider reported that Herbie Kane was interesting Rangers.

The midfielder scored seven goals and laid on a further 10 as he narrowly missed out on promotion with Doncaster Rovers whilst on loan at the Keepmoat last season.

Rangers were then said to be battling Charlton and Hull for the player’s signature [the72.co.uk] as Liverpool look to send the talented midfielder out on loan.

There definitely appears to be legs in the story with three separate reports now claiming Rangers want to sign the player.

It is difficult to see where Kane fits into the team but perhaps Steven Gerrard thinks getting him into the side is too good an opportunity to miss.

According to then Doncaster boss Grant McCann, both Steven Gerrard and Michael Beale would’ve “loved” Kane at Ibrox last season.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/latest-report-suggests-rangers-herbie-kane-interest-is-concrete/

10 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Did we not have someone from St. Johnstone(O'Halleron) who played in this manner and did not last long at us?.

In terms of ability (when signed at least) I’d say very similar imo. However Jones has a good attitude and determination to succeed so I think he’ll do fine as a squad player. Being a fan buys you time from the stands too. 

13 hours ago, DMAA said:

I do think our fans are overestimating Jones. Doesn’t suit our formation and is a less good version of Kent who I didn’t even like. Like Kent he’s good at winning free kicks, goes down easily. 

I do agree with that. I think Kent is a better player, but I do have a feeling we may get more end-product out of him. That's based on optimism!