The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

26 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

It's inevitable that he will eventually go so maybe this is an opportunity to get £20m and a clause that requires SD to drop all and any rights in our retail business.  I hope he stays though because he deserves to pick up the three trophies we will win this season.

3 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

It's inevitable that he will eventually go so maybe this is an opportunity to get £20m and a clause that requires SD to drop all and any rights in our retail business.  I hope he stays though because he deserves to pick up the three trophies we will win this season.

If Jabba is involved the price just went to £50m unless he drops the SD nonesense.

13 hours ago, DMAA said:

As much I believe we had to move on from Candeias he’s a much better attacking midfielder than Jones. It’s understandable that there is hype over a new signing but Jones is an average attacking mid. He’s all about pace, “directness” and going down easily to win free kicks and penalties. 

12 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

What's the split between goals and assists? 

Also where do you get those figures?

GS stated going from Candeias + Kent to Ojo + Jones is "a huge step backwards". I merely suggested, providing some data, that I think it could be a step forward. Mainly because we may get more of an end-product from these guys. (And, I was only talking offensively; defensively, Candeias light years ahead, IMO.)

I liked both Kent and Candeias -- Candeias I love to bits -- but you can't deny they don't quite provide the end-product that they should, and that we need. Admittedly, that doesn't mean to say Ojo and Jones will; I'm looking for the positive.

Ultimately, I wouldn't sell Candeias. He's started pre-season very well. If he keeps it up, he's a real asset.  

The Tavernier transfer is a tricky one, for me. He's so important to our team.

Morelos we can do without, now, and then we'll be able to replace him with the money.

Can we replace Tavernier? I wouldn't say no to £20M+, though.

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

The Tavernier transfer is a tricky one, for me. He's so important to our team.

Morelos we can do without, now, and then we'll be able to replace him with the money.

Can we replace Tavernier? I wouldn't say no to £20M+, though.

Both need to stay if we are to seriously challenge for the title, selling our best players won't win us the title.

Once a player's head is turned by the EPL, it's a struggle to keep them interested in matches at Hamilton and St Johnstone.  

Plus I don't think Rangers are in a position to turn down multi-million pound offers.  

Hopefully we keep Tav and Morelos but we have to be realistic about these things.

13 hours ago, DMAA said:

As much I believe we had to move on from Candeias he’s a much better attacking midfielder than Jones. It’s understandable that there is hype over a new signing but Jones is an average attacking mid. He’s all about pace, “directness” and going down easily to win free kicks and penalties. 

I've just read the above again. I don't think Candeias is a "much better attacking midfielder than jones". Candeias is a very poor attacking midfielder. SG tried him in more central positions and he did nothing. His strength is crossing -- when it works -- and this is from a wing position.

I believe -- and, admittedly, I've not seen him much; but he has played across the attacking midfield line in his career thus far -- Jones' skill set will allow him to play in central positions more comfortably. In that sense he'll be a better fit for our formation.

9 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Both need to stay if we are to seriously challenge for the title, selling our best players won't win us the title.

I tentatively agree with that. 

However, I do wonder what we could get with £40M+ in the bank?

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

Could Candeias play Tav’s position?

Yep. His tackling ain`t that bad and he has pace to burn, even at 30+. Especially when we play with 3-at-the-back. That said, he won't play every game either ... but who knows what was really said. IMHO, it would be strange to leave the project as it stands right now with the "only" cause being regular football - not least when you got about 85+ % of all games last season. Ojo is raw, as is Hastie. They won't play every week, unless Ojo has some sort of Kent-clause, who was played near every week no matter how off he was. That would alos be my concern with guys like Herbie ... Liverpool would demand that we play him, but who do we drop? Kamara? Jack? I think not.

Checked the German pages and thus far, Alfredo does not appear on their List (only the German one available)

https://www.transfermarkt.de/eintracht-frankfurt/geruechte/verein/24

That said, the sold Luca Jovic, Sebastian Haller and Ante Rebic for a combined Euro 150m, who scored 57 goals between one another lastseason. Given the money they have, I'd say 20m and no penny less for Alfredo, if they actually want him.

EDIT: Yes, Tav to the Magpies for 10m ... plus 5m Ashley-tax.

Edited by der Berliner