The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

28 minutes ago, craig said:

johnnyk could confirm as he knows the family....

His auld man and his side of the family are Separate Entity FC fans, his mum and her side of the family are Rangers fans, if I remember Johnnyk correctly?

55 minutes ago, craig said:

johnnyk could confirm as he knows the family....

I am pretty sure it was Johnny that said that. His father was a Celtic supporter but never pushed him towards Celtic hence supporting Motherwell. He actually knocked Celtic back twice before we bought him.

From a very young age Jake was always busy playing/training with football (all over Lanarkshire and the Lothians) and boxing but I'm sure his dad probably took him to some games when he was young, although his dad didn't go to many games himself, maybe the odd CL game.

He was never out playing in a selik top that I can remember, mostly Scotland tops and Motherwell after he signed for them (about 7 or 8), as Pete said above they tried to sign him twice but didn't go about it the official way so were turned down.

5 hours ago, Rousseau said:

"Wing forward positions", meaning the positions we utilise in our current formation? The 2, off the striker? (We really need to agree on a name for these positions!!) 

I think Jones is more suited to those positions than Candeias. There's a reason SG has preferred Kent and Arfield. We can agree to disagree, there. 

I'm looking forward to seeing how this season pans out with regards to these positions.   

Can I respectfully suggest 'flank attacker'? A winger to me is a touchline hugger, a dying breed these days; whereas the flank attacker is expected to track back and move inside when required, also offering a better than average goal return. Of course the prime example par excellence is Mo Salah. Not sure about Jones but at least he is comfortable on left or right.

1 hour ago, johnnyk said:

From a very young age Jake was always busy playing/training with football (all over Lanarkshire and the Lothians) and boxing but I'm sure his dad probably took him to some games when he was young, although his dad didn't go to many games himself, maybe the odd CL game.

He was never out playing in a selik top that I can remember, mostly Scotland tops and Motherwell after he signed for them (about 7 or 8), as Pete said above they tried to sign him twice but didn't go about it the official way so were turned down.

I am not in the know mate I just remembered your posts on the subject. I probably listen better to you than your family do.:D

I’m hoping and think there is at least a possibility that Tav is just too invested in the team and the potential of the coming season to think of leaving at this stage. He’s been there since the disappointments of the Warburton SPL season and he knows as well as anybody that we have turned a corner.

Hopefully he’s simply so invested that he won’t want to miss this. He’s still young enough to make an EPL move next season.