The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

"It is believed" ... should be noted. Rangers say undisclosed and we'll probably get a more clear figure in the next accounts.

You wonder whether SG will give Ojo a first pick, given his status as a Liverpool loanee, though you would hope we have learned from Ejaria last season ... and the early months of Kent were also a bit up and down. Hastie looked a bit raw, but was utilized on the left rather than his preferred right. That may change now ... but Stewart too worked quite well on that flank. And finally ... there also still is Tav. Who knows whether a more defensive line-up sees him moved to right wing and Polster being the right fullback?

8 hours ago, der Berliner said:

You wonder whether SG will give Ojo a first pick, given his status as a Liverpool loanee, though you would hope we have learned from Ejaria last season ... and the early months of Kent were also a bit up and down. Hastie looked a bit raw, but was utilized on the left rather than his preferred right. That may change now ... but Stewart too worked quite well on that flank. And finally ... there also still is Tav. Who knows whether a more defensive line-up sees him moved to right wing and Polster being the right fullback?

As I’ve said before the position Candeias played no longer exists, part of the reason for moving him on I’m sure. In the 4-3-2-1 the 2 don’t play wide they play narrow, the formation is nicknamed the “Christmas Tree” for a reason. Of course Arfield is more natural at this than the likes of Jones, Ojo and Hastie who tend to drift wide from a central starting position, but as far as the right wing is confirmed Tavernier has it largely to himself and will take responsibility for crosses from the right. In my opinion this formation doesn’t actually suit Jones, Ojo and Hastie but we signed two of them before we switched formation. Murphy, Stewart and Docherty are options who are more comfortable playing centrally. 

Edited by DMAA

4 minutes ago, DMAA said:

As I’ve said before the position Candeias played no longer exists, part of the reason for moving him on I’m sure. In the 4-3-2-1 the 2 don’t play wide they play narrow, the formation is nicknamed the “Christmas Tree” for a reason. Of course Arfield is more natural at this than the likes of Jones, Ojo and Hastie who tend to drift wide from a central starting position, but as far as the right wing is confirmed Tavernier has it largely to himself and will take responsibility for crosses from the right. In my opinion this formation doesn’t actually suit Jones, Ojo and Hastie but we signed two of them before we switched formation. Murphy, Stewart and Docherty are options who are more comfortable playing centrally. 

I agree with almost all of this, but I think Ojo is more effective in the narrower formation.  I'm yet to be convinced by Hastie (but it's very early for such a young player), but I actually think Jones will adapt very we'll.  I like the fact he has a fierce shot on him and I'm hopeful we can benefit from that more if operates more centrally.  You can see that he's been coached by us to cut inside more.

25 minutes ago, DMAA said:

As I’ve said before the position Candeias played no longer exists, part of the reason for moving him on I’m sure. In the 4-3-2-1 the 2 don’t play wide they play narrow, the formation is nicknamed the “Christmas Tree” for a reason.  

The position does exist and we've been playing 4-3-3 frequently during this season so far, as well as the 4-3-2-1.

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

The position does exist and we've been playing 4-3-3 frequently during this season so far, as well as the 4-3-2-1.

I haven’t seen every game admittedly, which games? Certainly against Blackburn there were were 4-3-2-1 even despite having Jones and Ojo starting who would prefer the 4-3-3

8 hours ago, der Berliner said:

"It is believed" ... should be noted. Rangers say undisclosed and we'll probably get a more clear figure in the next accounts.

The first time I heard the £250K mentioned was from David Edgar around a week ago and presume that he got it from a source in the club. It won't be a million miles away from the final figure.

28 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I agree with almost all of this, but I think Ojo is more effective in the narrower formation.  I'm yet to be convinced by Hastie (but it's very early for such a young player), but I actually think Jones will adapt very we'll.  I like the fact he has a fierce shot on him and I'm hopeful we can benefit from that more if operates more centrally.  You can see that he's been coached by us to cut inside more.

Fair comments. It’s early days in assessing Ojo in particular because we haven’t seen him before. He looks a natural winger to me though. Jones does shoot from distance so I take that point but he’s very much a natural winger for me too. The “wingers” who do best centrally are the ones with good vision and passing (these are huge for assists), Barrie McKay style and probably Murphy too. Jones doesn’t come into the bracket for me at all and my first impression of Ojo is that it’s not a strength of his but hopefully he’s got it in his locker. 

Edited by DMAA

4 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I haven’t seen every game admittedly, which games? Certainly against Blackburn there were were 4-3-2-1 even despite having Jones and Ojo starting who would prefer the 4-3-3

Oxford, Marseille and St Josephs at home.