The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

RANGERS can today confirm that Kyle Lafferty’s contract has been terminated by mutual consent.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/kyle-lafferty-2/

Not even a transfer fee to soften the financial blow. At least this one is probably (surely) at no cost to us and purely to allow his new club to sign him without a fee. Another wage shifted, another good few to go!   

I think last seasons Summer window was somewhat of a rush for Gerrard and mistakes were made. This time he's had a lot more time to think about it and get it right. 

Still a lot of speculation around Kent with some pundits even beginning to suggest that Liverpool might come in for Morelos in a player plus cash deal. The player (Kent) and cash coming our way. Generally I would have dismissed that as nonsense considering I would deem Liverpool don't really need more striking options.

But apparently according to recent reports that's not necessarily true. The likes of Mané have been playing all Summer with no rest and for that reason will be several weeks behind the rest of the team when the season begins.

Given that we all know how close run it was last year and that a single loss or even a draw early in the season can be the difference at the end when your main contender is the consistent Man City maybe it's not so far out there.

I don't want Morelos to go but if we have to lose him which we obviously do at some point then this might be as good a deal as we could hope for. If it were to be true of course.

Edited by JFK-1

Newcastle have payed a reported club record £40 million for Brazilian striker Joe Linton which it's  being speculated may well kill off any Newcastle move for Morelos.