The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

41 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Newcastle have payed a reported club record £40 million for Brazilian striker Joe Linton which it's  being speculated may well kill off any Newcastle move for Morelos.

That's got to be sticking in Ashley's craw that one .

4 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Gerrard has made a few mistakes and Lafferty was one of the more obvious ones.  

I am not sure that Lafferty was Gerrards choice. I think that lies with mark Allen. Gerrard was not long in the door when the Lafferty deal was done. It was reported later that Gerrard was not happy with some of Allen's choices. There were even Rumours Gerrard was about to walk away. Whether that was rubbish or they had a good discussion about the signing policy I don't know,

1 hour ago, Franc Ergs said:

That's got to be sticking in Ashley's craw that one .

It would be sticking in my craw too if I were a Newcastle fan and I do have a soft spot for Newcastle. On transfermarkt his reported minutes to goals ratio is 305 minutes per goal. If that stayed the same in the EPL it works out at 11 goals in a 38 game league season providing he played every minute of every game.

Considering he's listed as a centre forward I would be looking for considerably better stats for 40 million quid.

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Newcastle have payed a reported club record £40 million for Brazilian striker Joe Linton which it's  being speculated may well kill off any Newcastle move for Morelos.

Have you seen Joelinton’s record ?  A striker.... has never scored more than 8 goals in a single season...

£40 million ?  If that’s the case we should be expecting at least the same for Morelos :ninja:

33 minutes ago, craig said:

Have you seen Joelinton’s record ?  A striker.... has never scored more than 8 goals in a single season...

£40 million ?  If that’s the case we should be expecting at least the same for Morelos :ninja:

Yes I have seen it which I mentioned in the post above yours and just like you i'm astounded by the price tag. Minutes to goals ratio of 305 minutes per goal. An 11 league goals a season man if he maintains that while playing every minute of every game in a 38 match league season. I expect that from a good midfielder and considerably more than that for a £40 million striker.

People giving Gerrard  stick over Laffertys signing , at the time he was banging in goals and looking great , the majority of our fans wanted him , how was SG to know he was the same head banger who only this time was sending pics of his dick to women on the internet .

15 minutes ago, rbr said:

People giving Gerrard  stick over Laffertys signing , at the time he was banging in goals and looking great , the majority of our fans wanted him , how was SG to know he was the same head banger who only this time was sending pics of his dick to women on the internet .

I would assume that the last bit was the final 15k straws that broke the camel`s back. There are things you can`t do as a Rangers player.

IMHO, I was hoping he would play far more often, for he was and sure is a player who can lash in a goal from distance and various angles, something we lacked all season ... not least when all technique and art of dribbling brought no countable end product. Was not to be.

SSN reports that Grezda is next out of the door ... but that could just be a re-hash of yesterday`s words of SG.

1 hour ago, rbr said:

at the time he was banging in goals and looking great

It's amazing how a screamer against the yahoos skews the memory.  

I didn't want Lafferty back and know plenty of other Bears who felt the same.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's amazing how a screamer against the yahoos skews the memory.  

I didn't want Lafferty back and know plenty of other Bears who felt the same.

Agreed.

A wage thief, who even now is probably trousering a handsome pay off wedge.

I actually thought that the Club had moved on from the Treasure Island School of Financial Management. 

Edited by Uilleam