The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Well, according to reports in Scotland, Morelos was watched by Milan.

According to reports in France ...

REPORTS: MILAN SET TO SIGN LEÃO FOR €35M FROM LILLE, THE STRIKER IS EXPECTED TO HAVE HIS MEDICAL IN THE NEXT DAYS

https://www.rossoneriblog.com/2019/07/26/reports-milan-set-to-sign-leao-for-e35m-from-lille-the-striker-is-expected-to-have-his-medical-in-the-next-days/

... which might not prevent any bids for Alfredo, though I reckon we'll stand firm with our 20m evaluation.

FRENCH CONNECTION Rangers flop Eros Grezda on his way to France to complete Brest transfer

• Mark Walker
  • 27 Jul 2019, 11:23
  • Updated: 27 Jul 2019, 11:24

RANGERS flop Eros Grezda is on his way to France to complete a £1.75m transfer to French newly promoted club Brest.

The Albanian winger has struggled to adapt since his £2million move from Croatian side Osijek last summer and was frozen out.

Manager Steven Gerrard told the 24-year-old he could leave Ibrox as he wasn't part of his plans.

And ambitious side Brest have beaten rivals Dijon to sign the winger, who has been offered a four-year deal with the side who won promotion to Ligue 1 by finishing runners-up in the second tier of French football last term.

Rangers boss Gerrard said this week: "I think he has found the whole game here and demands here tough. There is still a talent there.

"I have no doubt he can go to a league, a team and a manager that might suit his style and be a success."

Grezda is set to travel to France to undergo his medical with Brest this weekend and become the latest unwanted Rangers star to leave the club, following the departure of fellow winger Daniel Candeias to Turkey earlier this week.

He started just seven league games for Gerrard's side and netted twice - a brace against Motherwell in a 7-1 romp in November.

+ + +

... I wouldn`t say Candeias was an unwanted player, but freedom of the press is of course a wonderful thing.

Edited by der Berliner

Just now, Tannochsidebear said:

Good to get our money back on Grezda, I agree with SG there is a talent there, sometimes it’s just not the right fit between player and club. Good luck to him in France.

If he stops acting like an idiot off the field then it may help his performances on the field.

Fans forums have become an echo chamber on Grezda, it’s accepted as fact that he can hardly play football. Good player, bad attitude and very bad luck. Not surprised we got decent money for him and I think he’ll go on to have a good career. 

Edited by DMAA

4 hours ago, der Berliner said:

FRENCH CONNECTION Rangers flop Eros Grezda on his way to France to complete Brest transfer

• Mark Walker
  • 27 Jul 2019, 11:23
  • Updated: 27 Jul 2019, 11:24

RANGERS flop Eros Grezda is on his way to France to complete a £1.75m transfer to French newly promoted club Brest.

The Albanian winger has struggled to adapt since his £2million move from Croatian side Osijek last summer and was frozen out.

Manager Steven Gerrard told the 24-year-old he could leave Ibrox as he wasn't part of his plans.

And ambitious side Brest have beaten rivals Dijon to sign the winger, who has been offered a four-year deal with the side who won promotion to Ligue 1 by finishing runners-up in the second tier of French football last term.

Rangers boss Gerrard said this week: "I think he has found the whole game here and demands here tough. There is still a talent there.

"I have no doubt he can go to a league, a team and a manager that might suit his style and be a success."

Grezda is set to travel to France to undergo his medical with Brest this weekend and become the latest unwanted Rangers star to leave the club, following the departure of fellow winger Daniel Candeias to Turkey earlier this week.

He started just seven league games for Gerrard's side and netted twice - a brace against Motherwell in a 7-1 romp in November.

+ + +

... I wouldn`t say Candeias was an unwanted player, but freedom of the press is of course a wonderful thing.

Either would I re Candeias, because he’s gone they think it justifies them writing rubbish.