The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, Gaffer said:

He will have to deal with all sorts of abuse from our own support if he makes our first team so I think it should be good training for him ? 

Surely you are not classing our support in the same basket as Hibs supporters against a Rangers player

i think we need to put aside our hatred for Hibs and see this as a great opportunity for Middleton to get some game time in a league that he needs to crack if he’s to have a future with us. Hekingbottom seems to be a good coach and Hibs have an attractive playing style unlike other teams like Killie. If he can push on with them this may be the best option, and he wouldn’t play against us. Could be a win/win. 

16 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

I've heard his fee quoted from everything down for £12 m to £8 with Villa apparently interested. Still too much for us. Personally I think Candeias will be a bigger loss for us.

Yet the EPL window closes in just 4 days and Kent still doesn't have a transfer or loan deal. I don't see Liverpool keeping him in limbo for a season. That would defeat the point of trying to realise a major fee. And according to rumour he's being insistent on Rangers in one way or another.

Then we have recent comments from Gerrard which could have multiple meanings but which I and some in media interpreted as hinting it's not over till it's over. And keep in mind early in the window he made a comment mentioning "taking it to the last day" regarding Kent.

Then we have this apparent social media protest by Kent on instagram or something. He removed all ties to Liverpool while retaining just one picture from his career on it. His goal against Celtic.

Now some may say big deal it means nothing but believe me in this day and age and being someone of his age group that's a major statement that couldn't be any more public.

In this day and age and among his age group and even beyond that to celebrity footballers in general what he did amounted to a public act of rebellion aimed at Liverpool and his current status.

Since he still has no transfer deal that we're aware of and he's making such public statements of his feelings on it and with just days left surely they're not going to keep him there not playing at a sufficient level.

Edited by JFK-1

If he’s not sold by Thursday, we’ll get him! Especially after our last two performances. Would assume it has to be a permanent signing - I think £5m would do it and financially structured to help us manage to seal the deal.

C’mon King, Allen, Gerrard - let’s do this! 

Edited by weebluedevil

10 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

If he’s not sold by Thursday, we’ll get him! Especially after our last two performances. Would assume it has to be a permanent signing - I think £5m would do it and financially structured to help us manage to seal the deal.

C’mon King, Allen, Gerrard - let’s do this! 

If that were a possibility I think they should get him if Liverpool were to accept a figure around 5 mill with say appearance and success clauses. He's going to get better in the next few years as he matures to his physical peak. We could probably at least double that back in a couple of years or so while having his services in that time.

And there just is a feel to the whole thing. If anyone wanted him at the Liverpool price it would already have been done. That's providing he accepted the transfer concerning which there has to be a possibility that Leeds say made an acceptable bid but Kent refused to go and Liverpool kept that quiet.

I also think Kent idolises Gerrard and that's just one more reason he wants to be back for what everyone agrees should be an exciting season. Some might prefer another loan rather than a cash splash but a loan just has us spending money with no future return of that money.

A purchase deal around the 5 mill you mentioned is still a major amount of money for Rangers but in this instance most likely an investment that will be paid back in full plus more. Add in the fact we know he can present a major threat and let's hope it happens.

I would consider him an already proven with Rangers and Scottish football marquee signing. 

54 minutes ago, Bill said:

He’s not worth £5m to us.

Come on, Bill - a handful of assists and a couple of goals, over the course of a season, is easily worth £5m.  :D

I assume those wanting us to splash the cash on Kent only watch derby matches.