The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

2 minutes ago, pete said:

I wish the window was shut. I am dreading losing Morelos.

I think the chances of him departing in this window have greatly diminished. Everybody knows the EPL is what he wants and that particular option is now gone till January. And come January presuming we're in a title chase I don't want any key players being allowed to go.

He's only 23 and he's contracted till 2023 so we hold all the aces. He can wait another year and if he can continue in this kind of form chances are he might get a step higher up the EPL ladder than he would right now.

He's been getting better year upon year since he arrived but I truly think his development has kicked up a gear or two under Gerrard.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

I think the chances of him departing in this window have greatly diminished. Everybody knows the EPL is what he wants and that particular option is now gone till January. And come January presuming we're in a title chase I don't want any key players being allowed to go.

He's only 23 and he's contracted till 2023 so we hold all the aces. He can wait another year and if he can continue in this kind of form chances are he might get a step higher up the EPL ladder than he would right now.

He's been getting better year upon year since he arrived but I truly think his development has kicked up a gear or two under Gerrard.

He also seems to be really enjoying himself right now.  I can’t be the only one who sees him with more of a happy demeanor since Gerrard came in and particularly this season.  He still hates missing chances and scowls but outside of that he seems far more a part of the collective unit.

3 minutes ago, craig said:

He also seems to be really enjoying himself right now.  I can’t be the only one who sees him with more of a happy demeanor since Gerrard came in and particularly this season.  He still hates missing chances and scowls but outside of that he seems far more a part of the collective unit.

Yes I would agree he does indeed exude a more contented countenance right now and I hope he doesn't lose that scowl following a miss. And so far he appears to be behaving himself a statement which needs no explanation around here.

Aside from the huge degrading of the squad the loss of Morelos would be i'm convinced he's going to have a stellar season and if so we really might get 20 million plus for him next summer.

And putting aside the obvious financial benefit to the club I just want it to be a minimum 20 million when he goes after all the scoffing from certain quarters about our valuations of him. But Ideally I would like him to stay another two seasons.

This season to win the league and next to give us the best chance of reaching the CL groups. He's unlikely to earn the club as much as that would though you never know. If the current form of Morelos and the team continues like this consistently the banter years are being totally and finally wiped out this season.

13 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Yes I would agree he does indeed exude a more contented countenance right now and I hope he doesn't lose that scowl following a miss. And so far he appears to be behaving himself a statement which needs no explanation around here.

Aside from the huge degrading of the squad the loss of Morelos would be i'm convinced he's going to have a stellar season and if so we really might get 20 million plus for him next summer.

And putting aside the obvious financial benefit to the club I just want it to be a minimum 20 million when he goes after all the scoffing from certain quarters about our valuations of him. But Ideally I would like him to stay another two seasons.

This season to win the league and next to give us the best chance of reaching the CL groups. He's unlikely to earn the club as much as that would though you never know. If the current form of Morelos and the team continues like this consistently the banter years are being totally and finally wiped out this season.

Can you tell me how why you think Alfie is only worth 20 mil when Tierney went for 25 mil if we can believe that?

12 minutes ago, pete said:

Can you tell me how why you think Alfie is only worth 20 mil when Tierney went for 25 mil if we can believe that?

I think he is worth more than that but I feel we might not have got it this year. The 25 million for Tierney sounds dubious to me.