The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

Every time I watch Alfredo this season I'm convinced Gerrard has had him spend the summer on a psychologist's couch, in a manner of speaking. The difference in his demeanour and his reaction to being fouled is huge. He looks a much more confident and happy player, without having lost an inch of his ability. It says a lot for our management team that they've steered his attitude in so positive a direction.

So far so good

55 minutes ago, Bill said:

Every time I watch Alfredo this season I'm convinced Gerrard has had him spend the summer on a psychologist's couch, in a manner of speaking. The difference in his demeanour and his reaction to being fouled is huge. He looks a much more confident and happy player, without having lost an inch of his ability. It says a lot for our management team that they've steered his attitude in so positive a direction.

I tried to recall the last player we bought and improved but I can't remember anyone, and I'm going back 40 years.  However Katic, Tav, Kent, Morelos, Jack, and Halliday have all improved greatly under this management team.  It's difficult enough to improve players' skills, but almost impossible to change their attitude and behaviour so I too am intrigued as to why Morelos looks like a different person this season.  Jack has also changed mentally as I've mentioned in another thread.  If we can demonstrate our ability to develop players, it'll be such an attraction for young players.  And given that loan deals will continue to be a part of our future, this only improves our chances of securing the hottest talents from bigger clubs.

Hopefully Morelos comes up against Broonaldo again in a couple of weeks. As has been mentioned by others if they insist on going with him current evidence suggests our midfield will run clean through them.

On 13/08/2019 at 15:38, ian1964 said:

GLENN MIDDLETON has joined Scottish Premiership side Hibernian on-loan until the end of the season.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/middleton-joins-hibernian/

Man of the match - Glenn Middleton

Not fully match fit but the winger on loan from Rangers had a part in two of Hibs' goals and otherwise showed flashes of the skill and pace that led Paul Heckingbottom to bring him to Easter Road.

With him on one wing and Daryl Horgan on the other - both capable of playing either wide or even behind the striker, Hibs look a real attacking threat. They could do with sorting their defence out though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49324312

2 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Also I wonder if Jermaine Defoe has had something to do with it as well - he's a role model for any young pro.

I think it is a certainty the Defoe has been helping him improve

Edited by ian1964

17 hours ago, ian1964 said:

I think it is a certainty the Defoe has been helping him improve

In April 2011, Defoe became the 20th player to score a century of Premier League goals, and is currently the seventh-highest goalscorer in Premier League history.

On 16/08/2019 at 10:42, Bill said:

The difference in his demeanour and his reaction to being fouled is huge

It’s so noticeable. The “plays on the edge” excuse has finally stopped, he hasn’t changed how he plays he just don’t react like a child when he’s fouled.