The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

It's been obvious to everyone for months what Kent wants and surely Liverpool aren't going to effectively devalue him by forcing him to play under 23 football for a year. And personally i'm keen to have a player who is so clearly desperate to play for Rangers.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Is there any word about the Grezda situation?

Our wage bill must be fairly racking up.

Yeh, we can’t bring Kent in with the current squad we have, our wage bill is huge. And they would want another £500k-£1m loan fee too. 

2 hours ago, Crimson Dynamo said:

I think if we qualify for the Europa League we may well get Kent and another striker. If we don't, I don't see Kent happening. 

The most efficient use of any funds we may have left or come into is a new left back. We are far weaker there than attacking midfield.

Edited by DMAA

14 minutes ago, DMAA said:

The most efficient use of any funds we may have left or come into is a new left back. We are far weaker there than attacking midfield.

Probably just me but I think we will be fine at LB.  Barisic is still a quality player but needs a run of games and some confidence.  Flanagan can be a bit of a bombscare but defensively is usually sound - and Halliday is fine too.  I just don't see us losing that many goals this season for some reason.

If it is a loan deal for Kent that is fine IMHO.  Liverpool don't take loan fees so only cost is his salary.  

39 minutes ago, craig said:

Liverpool don't take loan fees so only cost is his salary.  

That's not true they do

43 minutes ago, craig said:

Probably just me but I think we will be fine at LB.  Barisic is still a quality player

Gerrard has spoken in the past few weeks really, Barisic hasn't played since Kilarnock. He didn't make the bench at Hibs and he only made the bench at East Fife. Looks like Gerrard is going with Flanagan and Halliday and they are pretty average really. If we had a leader in that position it would make a huge difference. Any move for Kent take money out of the pot for a left back.