The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

I can't believe we're still banging on about Kent.

He might come, he might not.  

We have a huge match tomorrow night.  How many goals or assists did Kent provide on our EL run last season?  Not many!

22 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I can't believe we're still banging on about Kent.

He might come, he might not.  

We have a huge match tomorrow night.  How many goals or assists did Kent provide on our EL run last season?  Not many!

0 goals and 1 “assist” in 9 games. I put the assist in inverted commas because it was just a saved shot which Morelos converted on the rebound, not a real assist in my book. 

19 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

He didn't win the PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year for nothing.

And the fact the manager is so eager to have him says a lot. I get the stats being rolled out but there's obviously a lot more to it than that. I trust the judgement of the manager regarding a young player he has already worked with over and above either mine or anybody else around here.

23 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

He didn't win the PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year for nothing.

There was hardly much competition. Ferguson, Hastie and Turnbull. The Motherwell pair only really performed in the second half of the season. 

Edited by DMAA

39 minutes ago, DMAA said:

There was hardly much competition. Ferguson, Hastie and Turnbull. The Motherwell pair only really performed in the second half of the season. 

In case you hadn't noticed , we haven't actually been winning too much of anything these past few years.

It was a great achievement for Ryan ,and for the club.

This seems plausible as I just can't see Liverpool being so vindictive as to potentially ruin the boys career.

Rangers increasingly likely to sign Ryan Kent

Journalist Andrew Dickson claims it is looking “increasingly likely” that Rangers will indeed sign Ryan Kent this summer.

Steven Gerrard has made no secret of his adoration for Kent and desire to bring the 22 year-old back to Ibrox for this season, after the Liverpool youngster enjoyed a phenomenal season in Glasgow last term.

He grabbed six goals and nine assists and scooped the PFA Young Player of the Year award, and the manager clearly wanted him back, but said the Gers have been priced out of a move.

Dickson though, a freelance reporter who has featured on Sky Sports and Sky News, claims a loan with an obligation to buy could see the deal get done.

Rangers fans were irked by the fact Kent was left out of Liverpool’s Under-23 side earlier this week, and the latest update is surely music to their ears.

Not only was Kent fantastic last season, but with Sheyi Ojo impressing on the opposite flank so far this campaign, placing Kent on the left would wreak absolute havoc.

Both have exceptional pace and skill, both are extremely direct, and Ojo has even started to find his shooting boots in this campaign, with four goals and three assists to his name already.

End product had been a criticism of both players early in their careers, but both of them improved or are improving under Gerrard, and one can only imagine the fear in a defender’s eyes when they see a front three of Kent, Alfredo Morelos and Ojo charging at them.

The Gers have bagged a ridiculous 30 goals so far in 9 games this campaign, and signing Kent would add yet another electric forward to Gerrard’s ranks.

If the deal is looking likely, as Dickson claims, they simply must get it over the line.

https://www.footballfancast.com/scottish-premier/rangers/rangers-could-make-breakthrough-with-loan-swoop-for-ryan-kent

8 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Right then:

Jones

Barker

Middleton albeit on loan

McPake albeit on loan

Grezda still here

Murphy still here I think

And not mentioning Hastie or Stewart who could if necessary play there.

So why do we need Kent? Even if he is desperate to play for us.

Could he have performed any better than Jones did v Hibs and Myjtdelland away?

Short answer - yes. 

Steven Gerrard knows exactly what's going on, i'm sure he is in regular communication with Kent. As for journos they simply pick up on rumours and/or put two and two together given the evidence. Kent is of no use to Liverpool playing under 23 football and has been pretty adamant that Rangers is his only desired destination.