The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

38 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

i'm sure he is in regular communication with Kent

What makes you sure of that?

38 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Kent has been pretty adamant that Rangers is his only desired destination.

Has he?  

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

What makes you sure of that?

Has he?  

Yes he has been adamant. The evidence that convinces me has been widely circulating for months and is easily found. Even before the window opened it was well known he wanted to be at Rangers this season.

I'm not sure if it's Rangers or Gerrard making him feel like that. Perhaps a bit of both. I expect a boy who joined the Liverpool academy at the age of 7 may have a hero worship syndrome when it comes to Steven Gerrard.

Edited by JFK-1

49 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

You've certainly convinced me.  I've just ordered the new top with Kent on the back and stuck up a Ryan Kent poster in my living room. 

Are you copying me?

9 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

If he comes fair enough but I would prefer a tip class left back tbh.

The only signing that would significantly improve my confidence for this league campaign is a quality left back. If it happens I imagine it will be a loan though. 

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

His girlfriend is in Glasgow. He is up here all the time. 

We can't let a £7m transfer fee or Liverpool's unwillingness to loan him out again stand in the way of young love.

Ryan Kent has told friends he’s “desperate” to join Rangers permanently as the club plot a big-money bid for him, Football Insider has learned.

The Liverpool winger, 22, is pushing to move to Ibrox for a second time after failing to secure a transfer from Anfield before the English window shut.

Ibrox sources have told Football Insider that Kent has made it clear behind the scenes of his desire to re-join Rangers and link up again with Liverpool icon Steven Gerrard.

As revealed by Football Insider earlier this week, the Scottish giants are still in talks with the Champions League holders over the terms of a deal and there is genuine hope a breakthrough can be secured.

Rangers are readying a loan-to-buy bid that would include an obligation to sign him permanently for around £6million at the end of the season.

That is a mammoth sum for the Light Blues and would be the biggest fee they have spent since signing Mikel Arteta from Barcelona for £5.8million in 2002.

However, Liverpool still want £10million for Kent, who they have made clear they would rather sell permanently this summer rather than offload in the sixth consecutive loan spell of his nomadic career.

One thing in Rangers’ favour is that Liverpool will be aware of the possibility of the winger’s value diminishing if he remains kicking his heels at Anfield.

The winger is not in the first-team squad and was mysteriously absent from the Under-23s side that lost to Chelsea on Monday night despite being fully fit.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/player-tells-friends-hes-desperate-to-join-rangers-as-multi-million-bid-ready-ibrox-sources/