The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Source is a journalist on Twitter from two days ago who didn’t mention a fee. There’s no chance we’re doing a deal like that. 

Edited by DMAA

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Source is a journalist on Twitter from two days ago who didn’t mention a fee. There’s no chance we’re doing a deal like that. 

But you would agree a Kent deal still appears to be live?

I know I am one of the few who believe Kent is not the missing piece in our jigsaw, and while I feel sorry for the lad who seems to be being messed about by his parent club, the truth is that nobody in England came in to buy him with a suitable bid, and in my opinion there is a very good reason for that, and that is that he just doesnt have a good enough record of goals and assists. If you can hardly make double figures in combined goals/assist over a whole season at a mostly attacking club like Rangers in a poor league, it doesnt really make much appeal to splash out £10M or so.

Of course there is no denying the player has a great turn of pace, can beat players, and is still young so has plenty of time to be coached into a much more prolific player if he can improve his game, so you would think would have been worth a punt by a lower English Premiership, higher Championship side, but nothing happened apart from a couple of enquiries. 

For me, I thank him for his time with us last year, hope he goes on to improve his goals/assists return, and finds a club with a good coach that can get the best out of him.

At the sort of money that would put a huge dent in our budget both in fee and salary, I hope that club is not us. We have bigger priorities. Perhaps if he has a year frozen out the game, which is looking increasingly likely, then player and parent club can wake up and be more realistic next summer, and the player can get back on with his career.

15 hours ago, DMAA said:

JFK is basically a fifth generation news source when it comes to Kent.

It's like the "a taxi driver told me..", level of information. 

20 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

JFK is basically a fifth generation news source when it comes to Kent.

It's like the "a taxi driver told me..", level of information. 

Andy Roxburgh listened to a taxi driver ?

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

Lol hadn't woken up fully. I meant taylor

Agree but he cost a few millions. We’d need to move on a few fringe players first but can’t see that happening before the window shuts

5 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Lol hadn't woken up fully. I meant taylor

I wouldn’t give Kilmarnock “two Bob fir their bus fare”. If we got him on a free great, otherwise we shouldn’t provide funds for any SPL club.

Edited by cooponthewing