The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

From the Sun

KON-TACTS 

Rangers ‘bid’ €10million for Amiens striker Moussa Konate

• Gary Taylor
  • 25 Aug 2019, 20:34
  • Updated: 25 Aug 2019, 20:39

RANGERS have bid €10million for Amiens striker Moussa Konate, according to reports.

Gers have been linked with a move for the powerful striker as they prepare to face bids for Alfredo Morelos.

Konate in action for Senegal
Konate in action for SenegalCredit: Reuters

Steven Gerrard has admitted he would be ‘powerless’ to stop the sale of the goal scoring Colombian.

And French newspaper L'Equipe claim the Light Blues have sent an offer of just over £9m for Konate.

The 26-year-old striker is under contract with the Ligue 1 side until 2021.

But Amiens will have their mettle tested by a significant offer from the Ibrox side.

The Senegalese forward was the subject of interest from English Premier League sides West Ham and Burnley last summer with both teams linked with an £8million move.

And more recently, West Brom have been reportedly interested in signing the striker to bolster their attacking options.

Meanwhile the Union Bears has hit out at the club for the stadium ban at Ibrox for Thursday night's Legia Warsaw clash.

28 minutes ago, Frankie said:

If the guy didn't ask him in Spanish then I'd imagine the thumbs up gesture is Alfredo's stock response to an English question. ;)

If he'd asked him in Spanish, and he'd replied, "Si", I'd be worried.

If he'd replied, "Si, Senor", I would be off to the bookies. 

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Just more made up lies from the Scottish gutter press, pathetic!

The bid was guesswork but I think the initial report on the link came from the french press. I'd be a bit worried if we were replacing Morelos with this guy. 

Gerrard doesn’t tend to let anything slip out like this and keeps his cards close to his chest. But will also be as honest as he can. 

Therefore, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s something in his latest admission /fear of losing a key player before Monday’s transfer deadline. Why else would he say it? 

However, unless we’re getting silly money (£25-30m , rather than £15-20m) for Morelos, it makes no sense to fork out c£10m on a replacement. The board won’t risk the downside (title aspirations and CL riches) for such a small profit.

If they can cash £15m after replacing Morelos (with proven enough quality to minimize the risk) if he goes then they may well do. And that would be a big mistake  that I’d find difficult to understand unless we are in trouble financially, which, from what we believe, is not the case. 

The new on-fire Morelos (I say that with fingers crossed) is required for us to have a chance of 55. 

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

An FFer met Alfredo at the airport some time after the game and asked him whether he'll be there for 55. It is up to anyone to decide the meaning off this, but Alfredo gave the guy the thumbs up.

I'd have been more interested in finding out where he was flying off too....

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

If the guy didn't ask him in Spanish then I'd imagine the thumbs up gesture is Alfredo's stock response to an English question. ;)

Alfredo has been here for almost two years, I guess he canunderstand and answer basic questions.