The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

According to Gary O'Connor we've had a bid turned down for his 15 year old son who is at Hibs' academy. Apparently Chelsea are looking at him and he has a 5 year deal on the table at Hibs if he wants it. I'm guessing he won't come here but it's good to hear we are trying to snap up the best talents from a young age.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibernian/josh-o-connor-son-of-ex-hibs-and-birmingham-striker-garry-o-connor-a-target-for-rangers-and-chelsea-1-4991413

4 hours ago, DMAA said:

According to Gary O'Connor we've had a bid turned down for his 15 year old son who is at Hibs' academy. Apparently Chelsea are looking at him and he has a 5 year deal on the table at Hibs if he wants it. I'm guessing he won't come here but it's good to hear we are trying to snap up the best talents from a young age.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibernian/josh-o-connor-son-of-ex-hibs-and-birmingham-striker-garry-o-connor-a-target-for-rangers-and-chelsea-1-4991413

I suspect O'Connor snr will tell his son to go to the highest bidder and highest wages.

I sincerely hope it's not him advising his son.

Snatched from FF regarding that Amiens striker ...

ID10 said:

No interest in the player & no interest in Alfie is what Rangers have told Press guys
Take that for what you all think folks

Edited by der Berliner

I listened to the Gerrard interview and in my opinion many people are misinterpreting what he said.  He implied that he expects to receive bids for a couple of his players and that they have plans to cope with it, but he does then stress that it would then be different if he received a bid for a player who was central to his plans.  I think it's fair to say that Gerrard sees Morelos as central to his plans so I don't think that he is the subject of a bid.  It's more likely to be an important player but not one who is critical.  It may be Barisic, Katic (I sense this one might be debated), Kamara, Arfield or Fod.  All of these players would be regarded as being important but not so critical that we wouldn't consider good offers for them.  Like many others I'm hoping we reach next week with our current important players still here (and hopefully Kent too ?) although I'll be delighted if we manage to move out Grezda and some of the others who are unlikely to feature in our plans.

There will be movement out this week but as much as there will be interest in Tav and Morelos, I'm hoping it will be the unwanted players like Holt, Dodoo and Grezda that move on.  For one of the key players to do so then it will have to be for serious money whilst leaving a time-frame for us to replace them with similar quality.

Given we have an Old Firm match the day before the window closes that time-frame is a tight one.