The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

52 minutes ago, Gribz said:

Didnt even know he was still on our books. He had flashes of decent play early on but fizzled out.

Good luck to Dorrans though, just didnt work out for him, he is a quality player on his day but got a bad injury.

Dodoo showed some talent if you didn't blink as did Oduwa in the lower leagues so let's hope what we have seen from the early promise of Aribo/Ojo doesn't fizzle out in the same way.

8 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

Ouch! However, if that’s what it took? Even if he goes for £16 m in a year or two it’s a good deal?

£7.5m plus 25%, if that’s where the negotiations ended then where on earth did they start. I thought Liverpool’s negotiating position had weakened since there hadn’t been the interest they hoped in Kent but I’m wondering now if our negotiating position had weakened too because we looked desperate at the last minute and they knew we had more money than before

Edited by DMAA

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

£7.5m plus 25%, if that’s where the negotiations ended then where on earth did they start. I thought Liverpool’s negotiating position had weakened since there hadn’t been the interest they hoped in Kent but I’m wondering now if our negotiating position had weakened too because we looked desperate at the last minute and they knew we had more money than before

it makes sense though, liverpool initially wanted £12m.  If we get some good years out of him and sell him for £20 million to england it'll still be good business.  Who knows what values will be like in another 2-3 years

Edited by Craigy1881

Every player we've ever signed CAN do it but it's surprising how many don't. For obvious reasons, Ryan Kent has a better chance than most but let's not put unnecessary pressure of expectation on him by talking him up as the messiah. He'll have that transfer fee around his neck for a long time and I just hope that when he has his first few bad games (as he will) that we don't turn on him as we've turned on so many in the past. We might reflect on how many bad games Davy Cooper had in his time, which was quite a few. I say this as a reformed character who used to have no patience at all ?

Edited by Bill

10 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

Ouch! However, if that’s what it took? Even if he goes for £16 m in a year or two it’s a good deal?

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

20% of any profit made on a transfer fee.

Who says we will ever sell him anyway?