The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

29 minutes ago, compo said:

Just been reading that lionel Messi contract states that he can leave the club for free if that's true I wonder why someone's not made him an offer 

Heard that on talksport today. Seems he can leave for free at the end of the season and has always been that way!

I've seen a lot on twitter about us and Marchisio?  Is there a joke I missed out on or something?  It seems to imply we were signing him, but clearly that's never going to happen so I wondered if it was something funny.

14 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I've seen a lot on twitter about us and Marchisio?  Is there a joke I missed out on or something?  It seems to imply we were signing him, but clearly that's never going to happen so I wondered if it was something funny.

Nope, the only funny thing would be if we signed and not in a humorous way.

50 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

To be honest he's had a serious injury in each of the past 4-5 seasons. He made 9 appearances last season and they were mostly subs before being injured. If true it's a roll of the dice.