The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Snatched from FF

The Scottish Sun reports that two clubs from the Qatar Stars League are interested in signing Eros Grezda.

Unlike with European leagues, the Qatari transfer window is still open and remains so until Monday. Therefore, their clubs are still able to business with the Gers should favourable terms be presented.

Grezda has made minimal impact during his time in Glasgow.

Qatari clubs plot Rangers swoop

The two clubs said to be interested are Al Sadd and Al-Rayyan. The former side is the most successful in the competition’s history, and won the league last season, while the latter came fourth.

No estimated transfer fee is provided in the report and it will be interesting to see what sort of figure Grezda commands given his current situation.

Minor injuries and poor form at Rangers has cost him his place in the national team.

The Albanian international cost Rangers £2 million last summer but has scored just once for the club in a torturous spell. He’s now rated at £1.22m by Transfermarkt but is facing an internal probe for spitting on an opponent last week when in action for Rangers Colts.

The player issued an apology earlier this week via his Instagram in response to a Rangers News article. Yet, he has no realistic prospect of donning a Gers jersey again.

10 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Under no circumstances should we be releasing Wes on a free. He is a good keeper who has a real value in terms of selling on to the right market. A fee in excess of £3M should have been achievable this time last year, but with him not playing much last season this will have gone down but he would still be a good investment for a team looking for a dependable keeper, and a seven figure sum should be the minimum we should be looking for.

10 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Under no circumstances should we be releasing Wes on a free. He is a good keeper who has a real value in terms of selling on to the right market. A fee in excess of £3M should have been achievable this time last year, but with him not playing much last season this will have gone down but he would still be a good investment for a team looking for a dependable keeper, and a seven figure sum should be the minimum we should be looking for.

Not sure what information is in the article.

I think that his contract is up at the end of the season.

I would only expect a token fee to be paid.

11 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Hope Wes finds a good move at the end of the season. And all the more reason to get McGregor resigned. Heard Jack has been offered 20K a week to extend his contract.

I hope he stays.

3 hours ago, Briton said:

I hope he stays.

I would like to keep him too but I can understand a desire not to spend his career sitting on a bench. I doubt he will be staying at the end of next season.