The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Realistically, if he keeps on scoring and performing for Colombia too, teams will become aware and there will be teams who can match our asking fees. Whether he wants to go / there is up to him.

For us, it remains a win-win situation. As long as he scores goals and brings us nearer to a/the title and possibly a CL group slot, we are fine. If someone happens by with 20+m, fine. Obviously, he would be hard to replace, but it is a guessing game whether we can. The propability that some hammer-thrower breaks his leg in a week or 3 months is equally unpredictable.

For now, I am content that we have him and will be happy as long as it lasts. The rest is out of my/our hand/s anyways.

Watched the Czech match last night and they had a very impressive half back/inside man called Masopust who plays for slavia Prague dont think he's related to the great josep masopust  but a very good player. 

Jack Harper drops Celtic and Rangers hint as former Real Madrid wonderkid refuses to rule out Scotland return

The youngster started out at the Santiago Bernabeu and still has the ambition to achieve big things.

Scottish exile Jack Harper has dropped a major hint he’d be open to an Old Firm move.

The ex-Real Madrid youth star is on loan from Getafe at Spanish second-tier side Alcorcon but keeps tabs on the game in Scotland.

Harper was born in Malaga after his Barrhead family emigrated to Spain. His parents are Rangers supporters but he insisted he wouldn’t rule out a move to rivals Celtic.

Harper said: “People in Spain don’t know how important both teams in Glasgow are.

“Both Celtic and Rangers are mythical clubs – 60,000 fans go to the games.

“My parents are Rangers fans, I am a little more neutral. I like to watch the derbies for the passion and intensity but I do not choose a side.

“I follow the league and more now Rangers have again become a strong team.

Harper, speaking to Spanish media, said: “I see myself as 50-50 Spanish-Scottish. When I call my parents I feel Scottish but then all my friends are Spanish. I know how to change the accent.

“I have British nationality so out of respect for my family I chose to play with the Scottish national team.

“My blood and my roots are Scottish and I would like to go to a World Cup with the national team.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jack-harper-drops-celtic-rangers-20637626

Gibson is a centre half with a contract till next summer, Harper's contract at Real runs till 2024 ...

1 hour ago, craig said:

You mean his contract at Getafe runs till 2024 ?

Yep, only saw him in his Real shirt and assumed he was loaned to Getafe et al. That may reduce any fee ... but given the amount of debt in Spain, even Getafe may want serious cash ... just for the sake of it.

23 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Yep, only saw him in his Real shirt and assumed he was loaned to Getafe et al. That may reduce any fee ... but given the amount of debt in Spain, even Getafe may want serious cash ... just for the sake of it.

Getafe can get tae f... :)