The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

11 hours ago, pete said:

The shops here in Germany and Holland are already full with Christmas stuff.

They usually start on September 1st ... utterly ridiculous and takes a lot of the x-mas feeling when x-mas actually comes about.

23 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Hickey will be hoping no scouts were watching today. 

To be honest, while watching, it looked more and more like the story was released to 'unsettle' as a lot of our attacks looked to target Hickey

EAGLES SWOOP

Rangers ace Alfredo Morelos wanted by Crystal Palace as Eagles plot £20m transfer

Exclusive
By Robert Grieve
21st October 2019, 10:28 pm

CRYSTAL PALACE are plotting a £20million January swoop for Alfredo Morelos.

The Londoners have opened a dossier on the Rangers striker, who is also on Aston Villa’s radar.

SunSport can reveal Eagles Sporting Director Dougie Freedman was at Tynecastle on Sunday after scouts identified Morelos as a signing target.

It’s understood ex-Scotland star Freedman wanted to see the 23-year-old Colombian for himself as he plans for the transfer window opening.

Villa have placed Morelos high on their target list and also had a representative at the game.

Boss Dean Smith was asked about 15-goal star Morelos last week and admitted everyone should ‘watch this space.’

He then sanctioned a scouting mission to see Morelos in action against the Jambos — with the frontman scoring a vital equaliser in the 1-1 draw.

Gers will NOT welcome any bids with boss Steven Gerrard desperate to keep hold of his man main for the rest of the season.

Ibrox supporters would also be outraged if the club decided to cash in on their prized asset as they bid to stop Celtic clinching nine titles in a row.

The Tynecastle director’s box was MOBBED on Sunday with a number of top club scouts flocking to Edinburgh, mainly to see young Jambos full-back Aaron Hickey.

Representatives from Newcastle, Arsenal, Liverpool, Southampton and Norwich joined Villa and Palace at the game.

As SunSport revealed last week, Gers are one of the clubs watching Hickey. New sporting director Ross Wilson is a huge admirer.

Manchester City are the biggest outfit keeping tabs on Hickey’s situation, with the defender destined for a mega-money move.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4863619/rangers-alfredo-morelos-crystal-palace-20m-transfer/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Mark Warburton has warned Rangers that a host of England’s top-flight managers are queuing up to take James Tavernier off their hands.

Warburton spoke out exclusively to Record Sport after a section of Ibrox fans pinned the blame on their captain’s slap-stick defending for Sunday’s 1-1 draw at Hearts.

Calls have been growing recently for boss Steven Gerrard to axe the full-back from his starting line-up with Tavernier also copping the flak after two separate blunders led to a Europa League defeat to Young Boys of Bern.

But now the man who bought him for Rangers in the first place has revealed a number of Premier League clubs will be carefully monitoring developments ahead of the January transfer window.

The Queens Park Rangers boss said: “I know for a fact there is a lot of interest in him down here. I hear people talk and I’ve had a lot of phone-calls from managers at other clubs who are asking me about him. I always give them my honest opinion.

“But this is not a new thing. It’s been going on for a long time now.

“I remember we were playing a game and we knew a top Premier League club was coming to watch him.

“After the game I was chatting with David Weir and we agreed that Tav hadn’t had the best of games in terms of one-v-one defending.

“Then the guy from the club who was watching him came up to us and said, “He was magnificent!’

“What he saw was an athlete going forward, whipping balls into the box and causing all kinds of trouble for the opponent.

“So a lot of Premier League clubs have been watching him because they know how good he is.

"He’s a very talented boy. Yes, everyone has areas that can be improved but Tav is an outstanding asset and a top class professional. He deserves nothing but respect.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/james-tavernier-demand-former-rangers-20667750