The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Warburton had half a great season.  The Scottish Cup Final loss relegated the semi final win to a 3rd rate memory and his unwillingness to change tactics or learn from his mistakes, combined with the sneaky way he left, mean he's held in less than high regard by many Bears.

We lost a cup final to a second division Hibs team.  That's disgraceful.  I couldn't care less about what he's up to these days.  Same goes for Barrie McKay.

We were in the second division at the same time as well, so no need to try to paint as losing to lower league opposition.....

15 hours ago, Gaffer said:

It's funny how differently we can remember players.  I thought McKay was really good in some games, but most of the time was just a passenger and certainly never appeared to me to put in the effort required.  His inconsistency may however be ok for a club like QPR that isn't expected to get many points each week.  I hope both player and manager do well at QPR though.  MW didn't handle his departure particularly well, but I still liked what he didn't with our style of play and he was a real gent and I'd like to see him become successful.

He's a polarising type of player. He certainly wasn't the hardest working but he created chances in every match, often they weren't taken though. He was effective in Warburton's formation and clearly Warburton is able to get the best out of him, something no other manager has been able to do. McKay clearly has a flaw in his make-up, but for a couple of seasons he was our most effective player in a side playing very watchable football. 

Maybe we transfer any debate on MW and his and his players merits to another thread? ?

Lafferty and Hardie linked away,some rumour-mongering regarding Dorrans, Grezda, Fod and Alnwick.

Lafferty seemingly has an offer from Thailand

Kyle Lafferty's Rangers exit edges closer as Buriram United open talks with Ibrox outcast

The Thai Super League champions have opened talks with the Northern Ireland international.

Kyle Lafferty has been offered a big-money escape by Buriram United.

The Thai Super League champions have opened talks with Rangers about landing the forward.

Buriram, who are currently top of their league, have already tabled an offer to the Northern Ireland international – which blows his current Ibrox deal out of the water.

Record Sport understands the 31-year-old has knocked back their first offer but they have indicated they will come back in with an improved deal to try and get him to Thailand.

Buriram United want a big, physical striker for their assault in the Asian Champions League.

United already have Swedish striker Rasmus Jonsson in their ranks and areclosing in on another Thai Super League title.

Lafferty was previously linked with big moves to Saudi Arabia and Qatar but that interest has, so far, come to fruition.

The big striker has been told he has no future at Rangers despite Steven Gerrard’s decision to pay money to take him back to Ibrox from Hearts last summer for a second time.

Lafferty was left back at home when the Light Blues headed to Portugal for their pre-season camp.

The former Burnley star knows he will have to move if he wants to play first-team but he will only leave if the move is right for him and his family.

If Gerrard can get Lafferty off the wage bill it will allow him to bring in another striker to give competition to Alfredo Morelos.

Rangers are also trying to move several other fringe players like Eros Grezda and Graham Dorrans and are likely to listen to offers for the likes of Wes Foderingham and Jak Alnwick.

Young striker Ryan Hardie is also on the verge of a move to English side Blackpool.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/kyle-laffertys-rangers-exit-edges-17373041

It is notable that neither Foderingham nor Alnwick featured vs. TNS. Morelos was injured.

Edited by der Berliner

I was always a big fan of McKay but he was simply too passive, too often and that's why he's struggled to feature consistently at any of his clubs in recent years.

If you compare him to the likes of Kent and Candeias, arguably he's technically better than both but those players tend to show up a lot more during games - be it confidence on the ball, work-rate, attitude, tactical understanding, belief or strength; they're better options than McKay and that's a shame given the lad could have been ahead of both in our team.

If Fod and Alnwick both leave I guess that will only leave us with Firth as backup to McGregor - assuming McRorie goes out on loan. Could be a bit thin.

16 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I was always a big fan of McKay but he was simply too passive, too often and that's why he's struggled to feature consistently at any of his clubs in recent years.

If you compare him to the likes of Kent and Candeias, arguably he's technically better than both but those players tend to show up a lot more during games - be it confidence on the ball, work-rate, attitude, tactical understanding, belief or strength; they're better options than McKay and that's a shame given the lad could have been ahead of both in our team.

So many talented wingers show the same flaws. I wonder how the likes of Davie Cooper would get on today? He had it all but could also frustrate and go missing in so many of his games for Rangers. 

Edited by Bill

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I just stated a fact, craig.  It was a second division Hibs team.

It was a second division Rangers team too.

Had we been in the premier league and they were too, would you have said “we got beat by a premier league team” ??  Of course not.