The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

We capitulated to a shit Hibs side in that final, which is why I don't understand anyone going on about our semi final win.  

The Hibs side contained McGregor, Hanlon, Gray, McGeough, McGinn, Stokes and Cummings whereas the Rangers side included Kiernan, Wilson, Zelalam, Holt and Miller.  The composition of the two teams I would argue does not merit the suggestion that in comparison with the Rangers lineup Hibs were a shit side.

Given that Gerrard has once again in his interview yesterday said "a few more will be coming in", where do we think he's trying to strengthen?  The central defender is a certainty, but where else?  I think he will want another striker, but if it's a first team challenger, where does that leave us with Morelos?  I'd imagine right back is a concern for him too, but again is it just someone to fill in for Tav now and again, or are we predicting late bids for him too?  Do we need another player for the advanced playmaker roles?  We are already looking a bit top heavy there.

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

We capitulated to a shit Hibs side in that final, which is why I don't understand anyone going on about our semi final win.  

It doesn't matter if we were playing Hibs, Barcelona or Wick Academy, I think that SC final will stick in the craw of a lot of Rangers supporters for a very long time. Not because we lost but because of the way we lost and capitulation is pretty much the only description that comes to mind. Losing is part of football, what we did that day is unacceptable. A very low point.

Edited by Bill

5 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

It was a great game that's why people go on about it. I've no recollection of the 1992 Scottish Cup Final, but I'll remember the semi final for the rest of my life. It's entirely possible to view one match on its own merits, whatever came before or afterwards. Big Konterman's 25 yard screamer at Hampden will stay long in the mind, but I'd need to Google who we met in the Final afterwards. We didn't win the Champion's League but I'll always remember drawing with Marseille as a great match. Drawing with Celtic at Ibrox when Butcher, Woods and McAvennie were sent off is one of my all time favourite matches. We didn't win it and we ultimately lost the league to them that season, doesn't detract from the experience of that match though. 

Edited by JohnMc

I remember when I was young the transfer of Jimmy Greaves to Spurs £99,999 one pound short of one hundred thousand as his new club didn't want to burden him with that price tag , they needn't have worried I've seen very few since who were as lethal as Greaves but I look at today's transfers £40 , £ ,60 , million seems to be the starting price of players most of us would have to Google to see who the heck they are , it's all gone blinking mad , mad I tell you :wtf2:

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

It was memorable, undoubtedly but ultimately meaningless.

Warburton was a one trick pony.

Very disappointing he was 

5 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Given that Gerrard has once again in his interview yesterday said "a few more will be coming in", where do we think he's trying to strengthen?  The central defender is a certainty, but where else?  I think he will want another striker, but if it's a first team challenger, where does that leave us with Morelos?  I'd imagine right back is a concern for him too, but again is it just someone to fill in for Tav now and again, or are we predicting late bids for him too?  Do we need another player for the advanced playmaker roles?  We are already looking a bit top heavy there.

Good question. For me the centre back needs to be someone at least as good as Katic. Left back still a question, Kilmarnock turned down 500k from Nurnberg for Taylor, at 21 and a Rangers fan you have to wonder if that’s one we could regret in future. We have so many players in the rest of the squad it’s hard to say though. Being honest I think we could probably do with 1 more quality playmaker in the middle.