The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

A majority of yesterday's game was 4-3-3, rather than 4-3-2-1.

It's really swapping Kent for Jones and Candeias for Ojo. Based on performances so far, there's an argument to say Ojo is an upgrade, but I'd much prefer Kent to Jones.

My point was based on the 4-3 part. The front three doesn't matter. (Yes, you're right: it was, and it will fluctuate all season.) The RCM and LCM is the positions that will aim to cover the FBs.   

Are you talking about the positions? I was talking about swapping our loan (Kent for Ojo) and our permanent (Candeias for Jones). 

I would prefer Kent for Jones. I don't agree that's the swap, though.

16 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Jason Cummings has been let go by Nottingham Forrest with a year still on his contract. Just saying.?

Glasgow Rangers one-time fan favourite Jason Cummings is reported to be looking for a new club after being rendered surplus to requirements at Nottingham Forest and told he can find new employers, according to a report in the Scottish Sun.

The 23-year-old, who spent six months on loan at Ibrox in 2018 and won over many of the Bears during his stint, is believed to be one of six first-team players who have been training with the Reds' Under-23 side following the arrival of new manager Sabri Lamouchi.

Cummings has only managed 10 starts for Forest since being signed from Hibernian by former Rangers boss Mark Warburton in 2017, and loan spells at Peterborough United and Luton Town following his stint at Ibrox do not seem to have reignited his career at The City Ground.

The striker scored six times in 18 appearances for the Gers after being brought to the club on loan by Graeme Murty, and though it remains to be seen whether Steven Gerrard would be able to fit him in his current squad, one thing that's certain is that he loved his time at Ibrox and would love to return.

"It was something I wanted to be a part of, wanting to be there for the 55", Cummings is quoted by The Scottish Sun as saying in September 2018. "I loved every moment. Just putting on that Rangers jersey every week was brilliant.

"I definitely feel I've unfinished business there. One day I think there will be a return. I hope so, anyway. I'll try and push it, it's somewhere I want to play again - 100 percent. Everyone knew I wanted to stay there. I made it clear. That's the only place I wanted to go."

With Cummings being young, Scottish, knows where the back of the goal is, knows the prestige of wearing the Light Blue, and theoretically should be available for a modest amount, it's certainly some food for thought for Gerrard as he gears up for arguably one of the most important campaigns in Rangers' history.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/07/19/rangers-jason-cummings-surplus-nottingham-forest-requirements/

We hardly ever played 4-4-2 ever since Warburton. But do try and list all of our players in a 4-3-3 and the post will be stretched like there is no tomorrow :smokin:

As for Candeias, lets wait for one of our more informed guys here.

Regarding Cummings, who wouldn`t want to play for us. IMHO, he was misused (as were many) but still gave his all. He's a natural finisher and while his move to England didn't come off, I reckon he will become a good striker whomever he will play for. Given that we have but two "real" strikers, I wouldn't mind testing him again with better players and coaching. Yet, I doubt that he will be an option for SG.

Edited by der Berliner

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

We hardly ever played 4-4-2 ever since Warburton. But do try and list all of our players in a 4-3-3 and the post will be stretched like there is no tomorrow :smokin:

As for Candeias, lets wait for one of our more informed guys here.

I did it with primary positions:

(GK) McGregor | Foderingham

(RB) Tavernier | Flanagan | Polster - (RCB) Goldson | Edmundson - (LCB) Katic | Helander - (LB) Barasic | Halliday

(DM) Davis | McCrorie*

(RCM) Docherty | Jack - (LCM) Aribo | Kamara

(RF/RAM) Arfield | Candeias | Hastie - (LF/LAM) Ojo | Stewart | Jones | Murphy

(ST) Morelos | Defoe

Just now, der Berliner said:

Cheers Rousseau ... I obviously referred to the whole squad, where it will become more stretched, which it already is in 4-4-2

Why refer to the whole squad when they're on their way out? They're not going to play. 

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

Why refer to the whole squad when they're on their way out? They're not going to play. 

Stats ... all for stats. And to let people know who can and has played in which position before.