The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

What`s a veteran? Methinks we had relatively few in the early 2000s, with the only remarkable signings being Berg, Dailly, Weir and Miller. After 2012, we had to get up the leagues and got a few old chaps who were beyond their sell-by date ... but even those got us to the top tier.

IMHO, some are rather quick in hitting the panic buttons when someone like Skrtel is being linked and for some reason seem to assume that we might fill in the squad with veterans (which essentially never really happened). Or that players around the 30-year mark are too old. I look at Defoe and he`s probably had more of an impact at Ibrox than Hateley had in his first 4 months, a chap who was 30 or 31 when we got him. People can be rather fit at that age and I would assume SG and Allen will have a serious look at anyone of that age group, be it Defoe, Davis or indeed McAuley.

5 hours ago, der Berliner said:

What`s a veteran? Methinks we had relatively few in the early 2000s, with the only remarkable signings being Berg, Dailly, Weir and Miller. After 2012, we had to get up the leagues and got a few old chaps who were beyond their sell-by date ... but even those got us to the top tier.

IMHO, some are rather quick in hitting the panic buttons when someone like Skrtel is being linked and for some reason seem to assume that we might fill in the squad with veterans (which essentially never really happened). Or that players around the 30-year mark are too old. I look at Defoe and he`s probably had more of an impact at Ibrox than Hateley had in his first 4 months, a chap who was 30 or 31 when we got him. People can be rather fit at that age and I would assume SG and Allen will have a serious look at anyone of that age group, be it Defoe, Davis or indeed McAuley.

At the end of the day money will dictate transfer policy fees and wages 

Don’t think we’ll see anything like the numbers of players coming in this summer like we’ve seen over the past three summers (2016,17, & 18)

Perhaps only four or five depending on how many can be moved out.

Haven`t tracked it down, but on FF they say that Graeme Shinnie was down in Derby today to have talks with Lampard`s lot.

Strap yourselves in for some naughty"Shinnie snubs ..." headlines from the Scottish mhedia.

17 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Haven`t tracked it down, but on FF they say that Graeme Shinnie was down in Derby today to have talks with Lampard`s lot.

Strap yourselves in for some naughty"Shinnie snubs ..." headlines from the Scottish mhedia.

I normally ignore rumours from the papers/websites but in this case I hope this to be true. 

Can’t say I’ve seen enough of Souttar to comment tbh. I like that he’s 22 and has genuinely stood out at Hearts, however Scottish clubs won’t give us reasonable prices anymore imo. 

I watched a little of the Edinburgh Derby. Souttar was constantly coming out with the ball. I remember thinking at the time, 'I wished Goldson or Worrall could come out like that'. I always thought he was one of the better CBs in the league. I reckon that would be a good signing. 

Souttar is a good player but still very raw and Hearts will want good money for him. 

However with Worrall and McAuley on their way out we will be signing at least one more centre half.